Units displayed and monitor screen/dashboard features

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

SyTy [UK]

Units displayed and monitor screen/dashboard features

Post by SyTy [UK] »

Hi guys,

I upgraded to TP RT v5 the other day and tried using it to do some tuning. There are a couple of questions I had that I was hoping someone could answer.

First off, in F29x (and all other tables actually!)for a SyTy .bin, is there any way to change the units in the table from kPa to psi/in? On the left is RPM and up top is kPa so you have to search the different logs/watch the AFR/boost gauge in order to make sure you are altering the correct cell.

Secondly, when viewing the "dashboard", I have a selection of a couple of options that seem to either display one value (knock retard) or a guage or all of them - every single gauge appears... Is there no way to make a custom dash with only the gauges that I want or only the values that I want?

In the same vein, when using the monitor function, nearly all the data values are displayed on a screen with no way of really identifying what value is what? The previous version had 4 lines and you could select the data you wanted - this was awesome. The new version is very hard to use, if not impossible. I wasn't able to use it.

Lastly, I had a very odd experience the other night on a friend's truck. I was pulling fuel like crazy out of the truck to make tiny differences to the AFR and each change I made, I pressed upload (one of the little green arrows at the top) and it said it was committed to memory, did the little green bar thing and made the beep. This went on for two hours.

After we turned the truck off, I pressed the "Save" button and" commit changes to bin" which I thought was the same and it was like all the tuning we did hadn't happened. It was REALLY lean and we had to start from the original .bin again.

Any help on these issues would be great.

I am tempted to go back to TP 4 - it worked fine apart from crashing now and again and the features in my opinion were more user friendly. Maybe I need to embrace change?

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

yes, the table COULD be converted to PSI, but you would need to modify the XDF to do so, and probably the ADX as well, since i'm not sure if it natively expresses PSI.

you CAN edit the dashboards to have any comination of gauges you want, but you'll need to modify the ADX to do so. i made a thread about how to go about doing this here: http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2094

you can remove items from the monitors easily, just right-click on the monitor and deselect an item or select more, and it should immediately reflect the change in the monitor.

i can't really help with the emulator stuff though, it's not anything i've ever played with. did i miss anything else?