BMW E36 Euro M3 VNC VANOS tuning

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

s_cadman

BMW E36 Euro M3 VNC VANOS tuning

Post by s_cadman »

Does anybody have any information related to the files in the VNC? I've found plenty to do with the DME, but next to nothing as far as reprogramming the VANOS.

The reason I'm looking is that I'm planning to supercharge my M3 and intend to optimise the scavenge for the FI setup, however I don't know what the deal is with the VNC. Does it have a similar .xdf and .bin arrangement? Perhaps not the same size file and number of tables, but I would guess it is similar. Does it perhaps have an off, part and full throttle map for the VANOS?

Any response would be much appreciated.
bmw_m3_euro_s50b30

Post by bmw_m3_euro_s50b30 »

The single vanos on the euro m3 3.0 uses 2 solenoids and is continuously variable and has a seperate computer box "vanos controller" located above the DME. (this is the case in my 1994 euro m3)

The chip/eprom is the same kind of chip which is also found in the DME.
I have the stock vanos chip and the alpha n "tuned" vanos chip.
maybe you could compare the bin files and see what is different?
and maybe create an xdf file?
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

send me the chip bin to tuning@lordlogic.com and i will see what i can do for you
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
Farlock

Post by Farlock »

If you're still interested i have a working xdf. VNC works with a load/rpm table in wich you can see the working degrees of the vnc. is pretty simple.

does anyone have the alphaN files? i'm looking for them from a long time but they seems very hard to find.
bmw_m3_euro_s50b30

Farlock wrote:If you're still interested i have a working xdf. VNC works with a load/rpm table in wich you can see the working degrees of the vnc. is pretty simple.

does anyone have the alphaN files? i'm looking for them from a long time but they seems very hard to find.
I have them. they are the "officiel" chips / bins from autohut.nl who no longer exist as far as I know.

I dont know if the stock vnc bin and the alpha n vnc bin can be read in the same xdf.
I will PM you for an exchange for the xdf file. or mail me ; l_teixeira_@hotmail.com
I have the stock vnc bin as well.

Jose
Farlock

Post by Farlock »

i read your PM and sent you what you asked for ;)

i'm really curious to understand how DME chip works... i'm not a fan of Alpha N philosophy but i'm really interested in how autohut.nl done it.
bmw_m3_euro_s50b30

Farlock wrote:i read your PM and sent you what you asked for ;)

i'm really curious to understand how DME chip works... i'm not a fan of Alpha N philosophy but i'm really interested in how autohut.nl done it.
pm sent :wink:
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

I have compared the 2 bins and the map you are talking about is easy to find but the changes in the Alfa-N chip are not what is called a vanos tune,
all the table is only -3 degrees.

any other tuned files ?[/img]
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon