Problems with ostrich saving bin

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Rebuildman

Problems with ostrich saving bin

Post by Rebuildman »

I have a laptop running win98 using tunerprort version 4.13 I have the second ostrich and have the same problem with it so I gues it's not the ostrich at fault. After up loading a modified bin with engine running and performing the verify everything is O.K. I shut down the laptop, turn off engine and try to restart and it appears ecm is in limp home mode, barely runs and check engine light on.
I also noticed that flag 51 (prom id) is set but not the check egine light and it runs fine. Does not happen with chip installed.
I have reloaded Tunerprort on laptop, had several problems with it like dashboard did not work all the time, and the view graph option was usually missing all the numerical info. It must be something wrong with my laptop program because no one else is complaining of these problems, what do you think? Time for new laptop?
I have to load the tunerpro program using a disc burned from my PC which has XP, my laptop is win98 and no internet connection.
Oh, when the ecm is in limp home mode I do a verify on the bin/ostrich and it fails, even though it passed just before I shut it down.
1978 Chevy Truck with 400 HSR TPI 200 R4
1990 Corvette
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

See my reply on the Moates forum.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am