1227165 bin help please

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ourz28

1227165 bin help please

Post by ourz28 »

:cry: hi there my name is mike warford and i have a 56 chevy truck with a 350 tpi from a 87/88/89??tpi and having problems to get it running i need help bad
here is what i got
350 72-75 block
mild cam
ford injectors with pink tops got them from www.fiveomotorsports.com
headers no mufflers yet cant mover her lol
no thermostat yet
maf
9th injector
turbo 400
i need to know a bin to start with and help with it
the problem i have now is i am using a bin for a 87 camaro i can get it to idle sometimes and others i cant umm when it idles it seems ok untill i shut it off then i have to give it alot of throttle to get it started again and it wont idle no more
i tried opening the butterflies to get it running and same thing will idle untill i shut it off
also how can i fix when i put it into gear it stalls i got a turbo 400 tranny non electric
i cant do data logging untill i get it running a moving to get to a computer
please help i am at wits end
i hope someone can help
thanks
mike
JO88GTA

Post by JO88GTA »

What BIN are you currently using? Are you getting any codes? Are you looking for performance or just a cruiser? What ECM do you have?

Typically if you are using a 165 ECM, the consensus seems to be to use the ARAP BIN. It has fairly aggressive Timing Tables and some other interesting advantages over the early BINS. If you choose to use it, you need to make some changes - Disconnect the 9th injector (cold start), Disable VATS and check the N/0 for the fan. This is a quick overview for now. Provide more information and we'll see if we can help more.

BTW - I am still trying to figure out a lot of this myself. I've been programming for about 3 months and have a long way to go. But I will try to help the best I can.
355 - TPI, Edelbrock Intake/Runners, 24# inj, Crane Cam, Air Foil, 4mb Prom w/remote, 160 Therm, Edlb Headers, 3" Cat Back, B&M 700 R4, 2200 Stall, 3.73 - 9 bolt BW Rear, K&N, MSD 6AL, AFPR.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

JO88GTA pretty much hit it on the head. for the '165, ARAP is a good (though a little on the hot side) starting point, specifically if you're running an auto. For a manual, the counterpart is APYP.

And as stated, you'll need to disconnect the cold start (9th) injector. Disabling VATS is required since I'm certain you don't have this in your '56. =)

You might also try posting on the www.thirdgen.org/techbb/ website in the DIY PROM board. Lots of experienced people there.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am