DSM tuner: New to Tunerpro... Basic help

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

scottsee

DSM tuner: New to Tunerpro... Basic help

Post by scottsee »

All I have to say is WOW!

I've been using dsmlink with a wideband and h20 injection for a little while. I stumbled across the DSM-ECU Yahoo group about 2 years ago but never fully searched the massive 6000 posts. I found this Tunerpro software tonight, downloaded the RT software and have to say I'm Marjory confused about what I'm trying to look at.

I am extremly excited to learn howto read the ECU codes but have no idea how to. I've downloaded a bin file located here eb23e code out of 1995 Eclipse GSX from the Yahoo DSM-ECU/files/2g section. When I load up the bin file maybe I'm expecting something to open?? I pressed F6 & F7 to open the summary and item list. I'm a little lost. Is that all the ECU information that is available? Am in not navigating properly through the software??

I'm really on a mission here to learn more intricate details of the DSM ECU. It's an obsession that puts me in front of the computer 3 hours daily 7 days a week. I think this software will help me fulfill my desire.. If I can figure it out. Please, anything you can do to help me out I would extremely applicate it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You may be able to get more help out of the yahoo group. You need to find an ECU file (or XDF file) for your application. This is what provides a list of editable items for your application. So you need to open both the BIN and the ECU/XDF in order to tune your car.

I'm pretty sure the DSM group has at least one ECU sitting around that they use.

Unfortunately, not being a DSM guy, I probably can't be of much assistance.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am