413 Red Label BIN, Modifieng MAF table.

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Onkelmak

413 Red Label BIN, Modifieng MAF table.

Post by Onkelmak »

Hello all,

Been lurking for a while but now trying utilize some of this info to get my S50 Turbo E34 wagon going.

Modified the MAF table to be(16x16) to input in the values from the 540i MAF I will be using.(540i Maf table was in 16x16). That was successful, however I'm inputting Values and hitting save and opening up the table again and seeing that some values are automatically being decreased by 1 value. For example Enter in a Value of 26 into a Cell, I hit save and re-open the Table. That value will show up as 25. Doesn't happen on all cells, but quite a few.

Any help or ideas's would be appreciated.

Cheers
Daniel
Mykk

Post by Mykk »

The available M60 xdf is pretty rough. It's a starting point for sure and should be taken with a the best educated guess judgment.

I've been tuning my 540i on a 404dme for a while and I noticed with my MAF table while cell hit tracing that there doesn't seem to be any load dependency thus no need for a 3d graph. I changed mine to a 256x1 table and while viewing graph mode that gave a much more recognizable MAF curve that is purely voltage based. Then make sure you've got LSB first checked and then use low value 0 and high value 5000. There also shouldn't be any conversion used. As well as decimal point placement should prevent rounding the numbers.

See what that does for you.
Onkelmak

Post by Onkelmak »

Mykk wrote:The available M60 xdf is pretty rough. It's a starting point for sure and should be taken with a the best educated guess judgment.

I've been tuning my 540i on a 404dme for a while and I noticed with my MAF table while cell hit tracing that there doesn't seem to be any load dependency thus no need for a 3d graph. I changed mine to a 256x1 table and while viewing graph mode that gave a much more recognizable MAF curve that is purely voltage based. Then make sure you've got LSB first checked and then use low value 0 and high value 5000. There also shouldn't be any conversion used. As well as decimal point placement should prevent rounding the numbers.

See what that does for you.
Right on. Thanks for the info, if that's the case I'll just throw it back to 1x256 and input the values that way.

Cheers mate, thanks for the help.