DME 413 silver label alpina m50b30

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

mohamedramli

DME 413 silver label alpina m50b30

Post by mohamedramli »

i have ecu and eeprom dump for the alpina m50b30. the ecu is base on the 413 silver label. I do transplant on m50b25tu red label. I suspect the EWS cause the engine cannot start. Anyone able to remove the EWS from this ecu?

thank you
Hairyscreech

Post by Hairyscreech »

How come you did an ECU swap? was there a problem with the Alpina ECU?

You can probably copy your map data over to a non EWS US M3 BIN and get around it that way.

Otherwise I would be happy to take a look at the BIN and see if I can help as it will also feed back into the work going on to finally understand these M3.3 units properly.

Post the file to Mega or similar and I will take a look.

In what way is the car not starting? IIRC if it is EWS related then I believe it should not even crank the engine.
You could confirm by trying the 506 US M3 BIN or the M20B25 red label BIN on the tuner pro site, both work with no EWS.
mohamedramli

Post by mohamedramli »

initially the engine is using the dme 413 red label harness. The starter is direct to the key. That is why it can crank. Since the wiring harness does not have an ews module to the ecu, i guess the ecu will not get the ISN number and fire up the injector and ignition.

I already try to read the bin with most of the XDF for the m50 engine but none that match

Do you have email so that i could send you the file?

thank you
Hairyscreech

Post by Hairyscreech »

Yeah that will do it. 2 options then: 1, disable the EWS or 2, put the maps into a non-EWS BIN.

PM sent with Email.
bomj911

Post by bomj911 »

Why dont you use a S50 3.0 506 chip tune it should be same as alpina m50b30.
Hairyscreech

Post by Hairyscreech »

Its actually very different. You can see the differences in the M3.3.1 thread.

Key things are the number of changes in the DTC section and the significantly different fueling.

The code on the silverlabel 413 matches his ECU but again the mapping is very different.

I put together a 506 tune using all the data from the alpina ECU to replicate all the changes they made. He's running on that and can now tune using the 506 XDF.
ozzyybr

Post by ozzyybr »

Hello
Could you send me these maps? I'm trying to build a m50b30
cristianprigol@hotmail.com
Hairyscreech

Post by Hairyscreech »

All depends what bits you have for the B30. There were several unique bits on the Alpina that make a basic B30 bottom end/M50 tob end perform differently.
It should work as a good start but then so should the normal 413 map. Both will need tuning and will not be a simple solution.

I believe the Alpina may have had different injectors to a standard M50 so the maps will have too little or too much fuel globally. Easily adjusted though by moving the whole table up/down using the multiply/divide in tunerpro.
You will need to change the WOT and acceleration maps as well as the idle maps, cranking should be close.

Just double check the Alpina injector sizes vs what you have really.

Ignition should be damn close though so a good start from that POV.

Anyway, map can be found below along with the original and a change log:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92p5d1ryj8g0 ... FU0Xa?dl=0
ozzyybr

Post by ozzyybr »

Hairyscreech wrote:All depends what bits you have for the B30. There were several unique bits on the Alpina that make a basic B30 bottom end/M50 tob end perform differently.
It should work as a good start but then so should the normal 413 map. Both will need tuning and will not be a simple solution.

I believe the Alpina may have had different injectors to a standard M50 so the maps will have too little or too much fuel globally. Easily adjusted though by moving the whole table up/down using the multiply/divide in tunerpro.
You will need to change the WOT and acceleration maps as well as the idle maps, cranking should be close.

Just double check the Alpina injector sizes vs what you have really.

Ignition should be damn close though so a good start from that POV.

Anyway, map can be found below along with the original and a change log:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92p5d1ryj8g0 ... FU0Xa?dl=0

I got it, thanks
I think my starting point is to use the same S50b30 maps.
Is there anyone in the forum who made the maps for the m50b30 with the strock cams?