General TunerPro Question

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Evil_Sid

General TunerPro Question

Post by Evil_Sid »

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to use the TunerPro software on a car that uses Bosch Motronic engine management.

I know where the basic stuff is in the ECU like the fuel maps, advance maps, boost gain, boost target (using a Peiburg valve) (i still have to work out axis direction though), checksums etc. but upon searching this forum it always seems to come back to dissassembly.
Is there any way within the tool to monitor the memory regions being used so that I can find out where the cold start correction and throttle enrichment are without having to go through the trauma of dissassmbly? Or can I get away with educated guessing to find a lot of the stuff?

Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You'll need an emulator for that. Specifically, the Romulator can monitor addresses. I have a separate (private) utility to do it.

There is info on some Motronic units already out there. I have definitions for the 80's Porsches, for instance.

I also got pretty far with the Porsches by simply using the 2D/3D map finders in TunerPro. It at least tells me where maps are, although it doesn't say much about what they do. Experimentation answers that bit.

Disassembly is still the quickest and easiest method.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Evil_Sid

Post by Evil_Sid »

Thanks. Are there any particular threads I should read regarding disassembly?

I think the Porsche 80s ECUs are substantially different from the late 90s ECUs I'm looking at but I guess the principles may still be the same?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Unfortunately I'm not the best guy to help you there. The first thing you need to do is figure out what processor the ECU is built on, then do an Internet search on disassembly tools for it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am