New to tuning- need BIN for 5.7l TBI

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Jerkey

New to tuning- need BIN for 5.7l TBI

Post by Jerkey »

Long story short, I have a 1993 chevy k1500 5.7l 350tbi which is OBD1, and am having o2 sensor issues, I'd like to look into the fuel trim, and the voltage feedback on the sensor itself to confirm whether it's defective. I've downloaded TunerPro, got my hands on an obd1 to obd2 adapter, and a usb adapter. Tuner pro doesn't have any reaction when hooking up to the truck, and I've come to realize it's because I don't have a BIN and XDF file.

I'm hoping someone can help walk me through the process of finding the files I need, and helping me navigate through this new software so I can diagnose my truck.

Thanks!
dex
The Ford Guy

Re: New to tuning- need BIN for 5.7l TBI

Post by dex »

You do not need the binary file if you are only going to be datalogging. You can find an .adx for your ECU here: http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm I do not know why there are three choices, if soneone more knowledgeable does not respond then try each one to see which works.

The TunerPro help file will get you started with how to datalog.

I do not know why you are using an OBD-II adapter as all you should need is an ALDL to USB cable.
Jerkey

Re: New to tuning- need BIN for 5.7l TBI

Post by Jerkey »

Thanks! I'll check into it this weekend. The ALDL cable was 3x the cost