Problem Saving Bins using "Save as" command

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Br1dgeman

Problem Saving Bins using "Save as" command

Post by Br1dgeman »

Downloaded Ver 2.0 and opened an existing bin file. Made mods and went to save file using "save as" command and renamed the bin file.

Bin file did not save in bin format despite selecting file type = bin in the drop down menu of the "Save as" screen. This, of course, caused problems when I burned it on a chip, but that is another story.

Using Windows 98.

Thanks in advance.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

hmmm. strange. i cant reproduce this, nor can i see what could cause it. its especially suspicious that you say it doesnt save in the correct format. is there any chance you can open the file it saves out in a text/hex editor and see what it looks like?

also, are you sure you're not selecting "save ecu as"?

i'll take a look on a win98 machine tomorrow.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Br1dgeman

Problem Continues

Post by Br1dgeman »

At a minimum, it seems the software is not adding a "bin" extension. If I open the file using Tunercat, it will not see said file unless I select "All Files" instead of strictly ".Bin" files.

I deleted the software and then unzipped the downloaded file again- same problem. I am going to delete it all and then download it again. Maybe it was corrupted.

On a side note, I have used both Tunercat and WinBin, and your software has them both beat. Keep it up.

I will advise again after the new down load.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

i'll get right on this. sorry about that!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

fixed. next version will be out on Sunday night or Monday morning.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am