GM-570cc Tuning issue for 89 Turbo 3800 v6, can anyone Help?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

PaRaDoX

GM-570cc Tuning issue for 89 Turbo 3800 v6, can anyone Help?

Post by PaRaDoX »

hey guys, ive been building a turbo v6 for the last 4 months
i live in australia and its a commodore

the engine is a Buick LN3 3.8L v6
the turbo is a T04E a/r 0.68 (exhust compressor)
the car has
a 2 bar mapsensor
delco ecu (stock runs off a APNX tune)
570cc injectors
2.5" exhust (3" dump pipe)
600x300x80 intercooler

and shes equiped to run 10psi boost (altho ive hit 12psi in it)

ok so i got my Siemens 570cc (55LB/h) injectors the other day
using a tune my mate made

we set the KINJFLOW to 0.05 and she started right up (had NO petrol left in her) pulled outta the driveway to go to servo, boosted it up hit a bit of boost then started idling rough and stalled (lack of fuel) since then she wont start first time unless i run it without a tune for a few seconds and let the fuel get burnt up...

stock KINJFLOW is 0.13, we also tried Hexing the kinjflow to like 0.65 etc with no luck

im using a AT29C256 chip and a willem eprom burner, the Bin sizes are 16k but the chip supports 32k so i have to stack it

we figured the injector bias must be wrong or something along those lines, and its squirting too much fuel in the cyclinders while its trying to start, once its started she runs fine, im still learning to tune, but what maps are required to be changed for bigger injectors, the stock injectors are 189cc!

can anyone give me some pointers i can supply my lastest bin file but my tuner dosnt want me to give out the 2 bar definition file (XDF)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Do you have a wide band O2 available to see exactly what the mixture looks like? That should help you get your bias set and fuel tables up.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Will it start with the gas pedal fully pressed? Your ECM should reacte the same as most I have come acdross and this puts the ECM into a "clear flood" mode, whihc turns off the injectors during crank.

If it does start with the gas pedal all the way down, then I would concur that you have too much cranking fuel.
honken

Post by honken »

Old post but......

Somwhere at the bin you have a constant or table that have values that
givs the more fuel at start up redused the values vill give it less fuel.
Remember that constant is global.
Min is:
constant : Crank pw vs cooltemp
Tables : Crank bpw vs cool