Ostrich and BURN1, both plugged into USB ports

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dfddfd2

Ostrich and BURN1, both plugged into USB ports

Post by dfddfd2 »

I'm new to all of this so please bare with me if the solution to this is common knowledge.
I have TunerPro RT V4.14, Ostrich 2.0 and the latest BURN1. TunerPro finds either one, when only one of them is plugged in. When both are plugged into USB ports, TunerPro doesn't find either one. If I unplug one of them, it still doesn't find the one still connected, unless I move the USB cable to another port, then it finds it.

Any suggestions, solutions, beyond the obvious?

Thanks,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro should detect one or ther other when both are plugged in. Specifically, it will find whichever has the lowest COM number.

It could be a problem with USB power? Perhaps not enough to power both?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Mangus wrote:TunerPro should detect one or ther other when both are plugged in. Specifically, it will find whichever has the lowest COM number.

It could be a problem with USB power? Perhaps not enough to power both?
I thought the same, that TunerPro would detect at least one. Moates Flash & Burn has the same problem, finds neither with both plugged in, so maybe your question about power is correct. Any suggestion as how to test this case? It's a pain to have to swap plugs every time I need one or the other.

Thanks,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

When I get home from work, I'll test this myself and see what happens. More later...
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Mangus wrote:When I get home from work, I'll test this myself and see what happens. More later...

Thanks Mark!

Cheers,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sorry for the delay. I just tested this, and it works fine. However: the FnB software requires the port number to be less than 8. So make sure your Flash & Burn driver is using COM port 8 or less. You can assign the COM port number in the advanced portion of the port driver in the device manager.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Hey Mark,

I plugged in the Ostrich, it connected as COM4. TP and F&B both found it. I plugged in the BURN1, it connected as COM4 also!?? I changed it to COM5, and then neither TP or F&B found either one. What the...............?

Thanks,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Not sure what to tell you. Try restarting your computer.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

After rebooting, I have COM4 and COM5 and both F&B and TunerPro find only the BURN1. I unplugged the BURN1, then both F&B and TunerPro find the Ostrich. I plugged the BURN1 back in and TunerPro finds only the Ostrich and F&B finds only the BURN1. Naturally I'd like to be able to run both from TunerPro.

Thanks for your help with this!

Regards,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You can't run both at the same time from TunerPro. TunerPro recognizes only one piece of hardware at a time.

You should, however, be able to have TunerPro detect the Ostrich, and then open the FnB software to use the BURN1 while TunerPro has the Ostrich registered.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am