Editing tables

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Robin Handley

Editing tables

Post by Robin Handley »

I can't believe that this is a bug, but here goes anyway:

Today I tried to edit and save cell values in a table. I edited them ok, then hit save. The edit window disappeared. When I re-entered the edit table, the values were back to how they were before I changed them.

Am I doing something wrong? This is a bit fundamental.

Robin :?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hehe, yeah, I wouldn't be able to believe it either, however I cannot repro this in win98 OR winXP ...

Are you sure you're opening the same table the second time?

Also, after you edit a cell, make sure you click another cell in the table before clicking "save" ... if you don't strange things may happen (the last active cell before the edited cell will see the value you typed in, and when you open the table, that cell will open with the edit window containing the value you typed - i know, confusing). This is fixed in the next version, but doesn't sound like what you're seeing.

So, I can't repro this. Let me know how to make it happen so I can fix it if need-be.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Robin Handley

Post by Robin Handley »

I'm running Windows NT (at home and work).

I've just tried it again, and firstly I managed to change a value, then back again. I wondered if it was just the first column that I could change. Then I went back and couldn't change the first column.

Weird. Is is supposed to work under NT?

Robin
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Well, I'm developing on XP, which is a similar/identical codebase, so yes, it should work fine on NT, though I haven't formally tested it.

So, if I understand you correctly, you can change it once, but the second time you try to change a cell, it doesn't work?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Robin Handley

Post by Robin Handley »

I need to experiment some more, as I haven't done enough to observe a clear pattern of behaviour.

Will report back soon...

Robin
Robin Handley

Post by Robin Handley »

Tried again this morning. This time I couldn't get any value to change. I just load up the main SA table, edit a cell value, click out of the cell, click save, the edit window disappears, and when I reload it the values are back to how they were!

Do you have access to a machine running NT? I'd really like to be able to use your proggie, as Winbin is a PITA for making large changes to table values (all that +/- cr@p).

Robin

P.S. It looks like I ought to download v2.01...
Robin Handley

Post by Robin Handley »

Ah, I seem to be able to save the values, when they are displayed in engineering units, but not when they are displayed in Hex. Is this intended? If so, it would be useful to be able to edit the hex... :-)

BTW: When doing a search for GMECMEDIT, I just get your site with v1.01 on. (http://www.geocities.com/cccmangus/gmecmedit/) Is that site now redundant?

Robin

Post by Guest »

yes, that site is redundant.

you can edit and save the values in hex too. if you personally cannot, i'd guess its the same issue you describe above.

i do not have easy access to an NT machine (short of making my machine at work a triple-boot, which i will not do).

im really sorry this is an issue for you, and i'll try my best to resolve it for you.