7730 $58 bin Tunnerpro-RT ostrich. not running problems

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

fierogtturbo

7730 $58 bin Tunnerpro-RT ostrich. not running problems

Post by fierogtturbo »

ok im useing a 7730 ecu with a ostrich 2.0 and Tunnerpro-RT.
i load the BIN then the XDF then the ADS the i click uploadt to emulator then i verify then i push emulate then i try to start the car and it starts for about 1 to 2 seconds before dying. am i missing somthing?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Are you getting the proper CEL flash at key on? On-off-on steady AKA Flash once then on.

Have you disabled checksum while uploading? (option in Tuner Pro Prefernces)

Have you repinned for $58? In some cases it is necessary to change some pins around from the stock '7730 pin out.

Are you using a 2 BAR MAP?

I assume this is in a Fiero, but more details would help sort this out.
fierogtturbo

Post by fierogtturbo »

Six_Shooter wrote:Are you getting the proper CEL flash at key on? On-off-on steady AKA Flash once then on.

Have you disabled checksum while uploading? (option in Tuner Pro Prefernces)

Have you repinned for $58? In some cases it is necessary to change some pins around from the stock '7730 pin out.

Are you using a 2 BAR MAP?

I assume this is in a Fiero, but more details would help sort this out.
not sure what the CEL light is never seen one and yes its a fiero an 86 gt
the motor is a 3.4l camaro and im using 40# injectors. i have all the proper parts installed, 2 bar map from a 3800, knock sensor, ect and checked the pin swap 3 times . just checked the fuel pressure its sitting at 42psi. maybe its the ostrich? or how its pluged into the ecm. im lost i will check the checksum but how do i disable it?
i never moved the distributor so it cant be timing plus it runns as long as i dump starter fluid into it?
im also having problems with my USB ALDL Connector it can seem to connect to the ecu.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

CEL =Check Engine Light, I HOPE you've seen that. ;)

You won't be able to connect to the ECM VIA the ALDL until the EEPROM or Emulator is connected properly. The ALDL string comands and schedualer are part of the bin. So it sounds like you may have an Emulator connection issue.

Is the red strip to to end of the MEMCAL/adaptor? In other words is the red strip to the left when the ECM is placed in front of you, with the ECM connectors pointed away?

Have you tried a stock MEMCAL just to check ALDL connectivity? You can place the stock MEMCAL in with the stock EPROM, connect through the ALDL and look for connection, I use TPS as a quick reference, press the pedal down and you should be able to see the TPS voltage or percentange go up (depends on what you have defined in your XDF).

Look under preferences and you'll see a selection for disabling checksum, it is important that this is used when emulating, so that a PROM error (IIRC 51) is not thrown.
fierogtturbo

Post by fierogtturbo »

i am oficaly a retard my ostrich was on 24 pin and my socket booster was on 28 duh i should get a award for being so retarded. i will go try it now lol
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Why are you using a socket booster? The 7730 doesn't need that, only the ECMs that were originally equipped with 2732(a) EPROMs need that.
fierogtturbo

Post by fierogtturbo »

Six_Shooter wrote:Why are you using a socket booster? The 7730 doesn't need that, only the ECMs that were originally equipped with 2732(a) EPROMs need that.
realy oh i was told i needed one so what pin does it need to be set at? 24-28?
will the socket booster cause problems?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Remove the socket booster, it's not needed nor to be used in this application.

Set the Ostrich to 28 pin.
fierogtturbo

Post by fierogtturbo »

thank you soooooooo much its running now i give you a internet hug im so happy >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Uhhh, *clears throat*. I'll just take a thank you. :lol:

Have you looked at $59? It's basically $58 with some great additions, like WBO2 fueling control, extended VE map to 300 KPA, along with some other features.

www.code59.org

I'm running $59 on my turbo L28 Datsun, and it runs very well. :D