Map Recognition in Motronic ECU For Kia Sportage

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

miklec

Map Recognition in Motronic ECU For Kia Sportage

Post by miklec »

I am new to reinventing the wheel when it comes to tuning. I have a custom tuning program for Fords that I paid big bucks for and it is a snap to use. The company that sells it has you by the bootstrap due to the fact it only works with their chips and tuners.

I have a Kia Sportage that is highly modified. (please don't laugh, it is great for exploring) I believe that all the engine mods are being hampered by the limitations of the stock programming. WinOls does a good job of locating over 40 maps. But the program assumes that the user has experience in tuning on this level. I have been reading posts that discuss flags and constants. I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with the Motronic ECU 4.5-4.7, that could either build a def file for me or lead me in the right direction for determining what to do. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a useable def file.

I have been trying to wrap my brain around locating the flags and constants, but I have been unable to loacte any modified files for the Sportage to have a beginning point. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
IPM

Post by IPM »

U're also gonna have to figure out the checksum routine used. sorry I only play with the early stuff that don't have it.