motronic 1.3 bmw e30

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

e30craig

motronic 1.3 bmw e30

Post by e30craig »

any info. pleace a xdf. file would be nice or if anyone can tell me how to calculate hex to fuel/timing value??????
StigWelder

BMW E30 Motronic 1.3 XDF

Post by StigWelder »

Hi Craig

I've been working on an xdf for my beemer for some time but its not complete yet due to the lack of knowledge etc........
I have got part way through it and got it to display many of the various maps & locations within the bin file that I've managed to pick out so far........

AND run it live from my emulator!!!! :) ......(Pocket Romulator v1)

Haven't realy tried to make any real changes yet as I need an AFR guage to look at the wideband O2 side of it.

Also tried the basic address tracing utility on the emulator software but its not good enough yet.

How far have you gone in-to this subject mate?......

Any others working on this out there?

Regards

StigWelder (Ant)
StigWelder

Post by StigWelder »

Anyone want to participate in creating a standard xdf for the 1.3 out there..... :?:
I'm willing to share my current xdf as a starting point , perhaps someone can help me adjusting it?

Regards
Rogue_Ant

Post by Rogue_Ant »

StigWelder,
What car are you working with? What is the processor of the Motronic (Intel 8051/2?)? What size is your binary? How many teeth for the reference sensor? I might be able to help some, as I'm working on the Motronic 3.1...

-Rogue
StigWelder

Post by StigWelder »

Rogue_Ant wrote:StigWelder,
What car are you working with? What is the processor of the Motronic (Intel 8051/2?)? What size is your binary? How many teeth for the reference sensor? I might be able to help some, as I'm working on the Motronic 3.1...

-Rogue
Hi Rogue.

Im working on my BMW 320I E30 (1990 so its the later 1.3 and not the 1.1)........It has a 36 tooth crank trigger , just like the M50NV early 3.1 system. Bin file size is 32k from the 256k eprom...Not 100% sure on the processor, i'll check and get back to you with an answer.
I made a conversion on the current engine and put a 24v 3.1 system on it (its a 12v engine).............AND it runs fine!!!!!!!!!!......
I get sequential coilpacks and injection + a MAF instead of the old AFM , Dizzy & phased/banked injection. :D
This puts me in a bit of a delema as I need to work on both systems but have done more with the 1.3 system so far resulting in the creation of a some-what raw xdf file for it using 2 tuned roms as a starting comparison.

Regards

StigWelder