H2M1 def file or alternatives

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

brianko

H2M1 def file or alternatives

Post by brianko »

I'm working with a '92 Coupe with a 347 stroker...strategy appears to be RVAF1. I've been told a T4M0 computer might work in this application...can anyone confirm or deny?

I also found this in my quest:

Definition for 92-93 Thunderbird SC.

Help or hindrance?

If anyone has a start on something, I'd be more than willing to work with that as well. I've got a load dyno that should be helpful with this task. Or, if there are other suggestions, I'm open to those also!

I'm a GM programmer just getting into Fords, so I'm learning my way around the Ford quirks (I'm sure to Ford guys, the GM stuff is full of "quirks" too!)

--Brian
ExaTorq Tuning and Performance
<i>Performance for the Common Man</i>
972.276.2170/888.873.8012
http://www.exatorq.com
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The H2M1 ecu uses the GSALI strategy.

I do not believe the T4M0 ecu (CBAZA strategy) would work because that is from a manual gearbox car and I think the H2M1 is an automatic gearbox car.
brianko

Post by brianko »

Thanks, Dex. Looks like there might be some support for this strategy with BE. No need to reinvent the wheel on this; I'll see what BE might have to offer for this one.

[Some time later]

OK, after downloading BE and viewing the binary, it does appear to be from a 226 CID (3.8L?) V6 automatic. The engine we're working with is a stroked 302 V8 w/MT...so wouldn't an A9L/T4M0 ECU or something similar be more appropriate to work with?

The other question here being that if we compared pinouts of the two ECUs, made wiring changes were needed, would there be anything else that would have to be done to ensure this setup would work in an SC?

--Brian
ExaTorq Tuning and Performance
<i>Performance for the Common Man</i>
972.276.2170/888.873.8012
http://www.exatorq.com