help!!!

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Stanglx93

help!!!

Post by Stanglx93 »

im using a burn2 with f2a, f2e chip, also using tunerproRT, well my problem is im not sure the changes im making are really doing any good, simple things like idle RPM it doesnt seem to change the idle rpm at all when i make changes :roll: is there somthing im missing here the tune its on is a 93 ford mustang ECU catchcode A3M1, if anybody has some info anything would be great. also is it possible that even though the offsets are correct and verifying i might not be make the correct change in that address, im a little confused, help please if you can
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You can read your chip back after burning it and compare the read bin with the stock bin to verify your changes have been made. Also, there are two base idle parameters, one for neutral and one for drive.
Stanglx93

Post by Stanglx93 »

i dont know if this makes a difference but my car is a manual, should both of the parameter refelct the overall change or adjustment?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You may still have a drive/neutral switch.
Stanglx93

Post by Stanglx93 »

thanks a bunch dex, im going to try these soon, and i'll keep you informed thanks again!!
Stanglx93

Post by Stanglx93 »

well this is the verdict, i made small progress, unfortunatly i can not seem to adjust the idle to my liking, as the car warms up the idle holds a 900rpm flawlessly, while its cold the idle surges and then slowly levels out to which looks like what i have set in the stratgey, but like i said after driving for a couple mins and the car warms up the idle stays at 900rpm, also after about an hour of tuning the car suddenly did not idle or run, so i thougth maybe i overloaded somthing, so i triple checked my steps, used a stock tune and it ran fine, went to the prevouis tune the car would not idle or run, im lost hopefully someone can shed some light on this