how to create/modify XDF files...

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

unruhjonny

how to create/modify XDF files...

Post by unruhjonny »

Ok, I'm not at all about trying to make myself sound like I know more than I do...

this is what I need;
I need to know how to create/modify XDF files - or know if someone can do this...

I have what I understand to be a couple xdf files created by someone in the 'Quad4' (GM 2.3L '88-95) community;

What I'm really immediately looking for is for a more expanded version of the 1990 & 1991 XDF files that I have (8B-90 & A8-91)...

I looked into TunerCat because I had understood that their definition files would have everything available for me to change - but from what I've seen, I can only modify stuff like power enrichment to 6400rpm - which for a stout Quad4, doesn't allow me to see/modify values as high as I'd like to...
my current XDF files allow me to modify stuff like power enrichment to 7300rpm, which is much better, but when the factory rev limit for one of my chips is 7450, and the GM-racing chip puts the rev limit at 8500, I'd really like to be able to see info well past 6400 or 7300 rpm...

Does that make sense??

Can anyone help me out?

I have also ammassed a bit of a collection of 88-94 chips for Quad4 cars, and would like to be able to see running changes that GM did, and possibly apply them to any chip I run, so if there are some other good xdf files that I could get to use with any other year Quad4, I'd really appreciate seeing them...
these are (to the best of my knowledge) the mask codes for corresponding year OE Quad4 memcals;
88-$5C
89-$6B
90-$8B
91-$A8
92-$CE
93-$59
94-$F1

thanks in advance!!!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

the way you're describing your situation, it sounds like you want to patch the the BIN to add more functionality. people have done this before with $58 and ended up with massive fuel/spark tables and the ability to run a 3-BAR MAP sensor, and then they refered to it as code59. i think 8D and 8F have also been patched as well.
unruhjonny

Post by unruhjonny »

robertisaar wrote:the way you're describing your situation, it sounds like you want to patch the the BIN to add more functionality. people have done this before with $58 and ended up with massive fuel/spark tables and the ability to run a 3-BAR MAP sensor, and then they refered to it as code59. i think 8D and 8F have also been patched as well.
that might be, but I don not believe there is even any legit XDF files out for any of these year/application bin files...

the legit TP xdf files seem to have more options, and not have question marks in the table titles!
at least that's what I noticed from downloading a couple other XDF files last night...

if anyone might be able to either help me out, or tell me how to do this I would really appreciate it...
I have multiple bins for many of these different defintions... and the aforementinoed xdf files...

the ability to add functionality, and even big enough fuel/spark tables to run a bar 3 MAP, would be the pimp...

I also have a 1989 Grand Am 2.0L Turbo memcal, at one time I was hoping to be able to adapt the bar 3 tables to a Quad4 application, but since I seemed to be hitting a wall here, I had all but given up on this idea...