MEFI3 questions PLEASE!

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Cobalt293

MEFI3 questions PLEASE!

Post by Cobalt293 »

Hi, i´m really new to this.. living in sweden. I have a Cobalt 293 with 2 350 mag mpi 2000 engines (using MEFI3). I wan´t to read out some data from the ECM as one of the engines runs very rich on idle.. could be a faulty injector.

I have built a cable based on the MAX232 solution published on akmcables.. i ´m recieving data on computer serial - usb port (utilizing a serialport sniffer program).

I have tried the standard definition files with both ScannerPro and TurnerPro but i´m unable to get a ALDL connection..

Has anybody got a clue what i´m missing or doing wrong!

..The boat is still on land.... need yaa MEFI Pro´s out there!
cbernhardt

Re: MEFI3 questions PLEASE!

Post by cbernhardt »

Cobalt293 wrote:Hi, i´m really new to this.. living in sweden. I have a Cobalt 293 with 2 350 mag mpi 2000 engines (using MEFI3). I wan´t to read out some data from the ECM as one of the engines runs very rich on idle.. could be a faulty injector.

I have built a cable based on the MAX232 solution published on akmcables.. i ´m recieving data on computer serial - usb port (utilizing a serialport sniffer program).

I have tried the standard definition files with both ScannerPro and TurnerPro but i´m unable to get a ALDL connection..

Has anybody got a clue what i´m missing or doing wrong!

..The boat is still on land.... need yaa MEFI Pro´s out there!
You need to talk to Bob Radke with OBD Diagnostics. They sell MEFI tuning software.
Email: sales@obd2allinone.com
If you have done an internet search you have probably seen their website: mefiburn.com
I am using their software on a GM Ram Jet 350 and I would recommend it over anything else available for the MEFI controllers.

What "standard" definition files are you using? You will need an MEFI3 specific file to make it work correctly.

Send me a message or email if you want additional information.

Charles
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

Cobalt:

Did you get my last PM?
I need your email address.

Charles