Stone cold rookie needs a few pointers to get started with..

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

uglykid

Stone cold rookie needs a few pointers to get started with..

Post by uglykid »

Ok, I got my other project with tuner pro under control. Now I'm on to my Fords, a 95 Explorer and a 02 Sable.

I know the Exploder is an EEC IV, but where do I go from there? (need some more juice in this for towing, mebbe a switch to have an economizer mode as well)

I think the Sable is an EEC V, how do I tell? (the wife's car, this is just because I can....)

I don't even know where the ECU is in either vehicle or how to get/find the catch code.
Last edited by uglykid on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The Ostrich2 can be used to emulate Ford eec-iv and eec-v roms when used with the FordEMU adapter. A major limitation is lack of datalogging though so it is maybe worth looking at the Quarterhorse emulator/datalogger.

You will need to find out what 'catch' code your ecu's are to establish their respective strategies to see if a definition exists for them. The code can be found by looking at the loom connector label, see http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=17 for more information on this.
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

dex wrote:The Ostrich2 can be used to emulate Ford eec-iv and eec-v roms when used with the FordEMU adapter. A major limitation is lack of datalogging though so it is maybe worth looking at the Quarterhorse emulator/datalogger.

You will need to find out what 'catch' code your ecu's are to establish their respective strategies to see if a definition exists for them. The code can be found by looking at the loom connector label, see http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=17 for more information on this.
I had read around some and seen the need for the catch code and strategies, but no explanation of how/where to find them.. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks..

One more question.. Can you switch the entire bin to a different setup, or are they (ecu) hardware specific?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Bins are specific to ecu hardware.