95 bmw help

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FreshDA9

95 bmw help

Post by FreshDA9 »

im rather new to tuner pro. in the past i used it to mainly check to see if there was any issues with my ostrich 1.

Well i have a customer wanting his bmw tuned and im having a hell of a time. i have posted on bimmerforums.com to no prevail.

here is a run down of his car
- 95 3series
- 99 m3 power plant S52 B32
- RC 310cc injectors
- Vortec supercharger kit
- 95 3.0L maf
- 95 silver lable 413 dme
- Dinan turbo tronics 9 maf extender.

So far some have said the injector will be to small in witch i will agree. Also im told to ditch the maf extender and have him use a 540i or 803 maf.

So far i have
- Osrtich 1
- tuner pro v5
- loads of 28pin SST 512 chips
- different bins and xdf for all kinds of dme's

So i need to buy a ostrich 2 for logging purpose. but are chips being used the same as i use on the hondas or a different size SST chip?

i think im getting the hang of the XDF and have a base map can someone look over for me? I would attach it to this post but dont see how??
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

an ostrich wouldn't be of any use logging. it's there to emulate a PROM, not send data to a scanner/laptop.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

robertisaar wrote:an ostrich wouldn't be of any use logging. it's there to emulate a PROM, not send data to a scanner/laptop.
The Ostrich 2.0 now supports ROM tracing. This feature is very handy for ROM Editor developers, and can also provide as a pseudo datalogger for ECUs using the hit window feature.

also the newer version of tuner pro is supposed to work with the tracing from the ostrich 2.0.... even if not then how do the bmw guys data log right now?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

95 silver lable 413 dme
file size is 64kb, so the chips 27SF512 will work just fine. But there is no XDf for silver sticker 413 dme, yet, because you got to read the original chip and tune that because those ecus came will EWS anti theft code. I see this is over your head, you should not play with this then.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

revlimit wrote:
95 silver lable 413 dme
file size is 64kb, so the chips 27SF512 will work just fine. But there is no XDf for silver sticker 413 dme, yet, because you got to read the original chip and tune that because those ecus came will EWS anti theft code. I see this is over your head, you should not play with this then.
You dont know me very well sir as i am not one to give up!. he has 3 chips from dinan i didnt see and original chip. 2 of his chips will start really ritch the first time and then both wont start the second time. Same as what a base map i did to it. i will look more into this ews anti theft but there are Def out there that say 413stock.xdf then i have a couple more also. i can email them to you if you wish since i cant upload it here. i like to take care of my customers and am trying to and i will!

Revlimit i do appreciate that information i didnt know thank you, hopefully you can share some more interesting faqs with me. thank you.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

Did you try runing the red label software in the ecu?

Also make sure checksum is corrected
Last edited by ecuconnection on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ecuconnections.com DIY tuning forum
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

ecuconnection wrote:Did you try runing the red label software in the ecu?
No i have not. I found that i was supposed to use the 502 file as someone has sent me a base map to start with. i will inform eveyone the results when i see the customer next. I can try the red label map when i try this base bin aswell.
ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

do you have the orginal ecu file? I can take a look at what might fix your problem
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

I used the 95 silver label Bin and Stock413.xdf also tried stock413-dredder.xdf... I made a base map if you would like to look that over but i cant attach anything so i would need your email.

A guy on another site that has tuned a few sent me a map to try aswell.
ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

Send me all your files to ecuconnection@rogers.com

I will take a look
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

sent!
ecuconnection

Post by ecuconnection »

Try that file I sent you... I corrected checksum and changed some fueling

You might have to cut a wire and disable ews because at this time I do not know how to disable it via code
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

gotcha will do. thank you.