New User

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FastButBlind

New User

Post by FastButBlind »

Hi all
first of all, am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread, so please move it to where ever you see it right Moderator :)

well, am new to chip tuning and like to be involved with it, am not new in tuning, I worked with many aftermarket ECUs and just like to expand my scope with the chip tuning as I always heard of it and made me interested, I got and downloaded the TunerPro and liked what it can do, specially the RT and live tuning, and hope to get support from you guys here, well am a computer programmer but not EE, not perfect with electronics, but good with soldering and packing the small things together and LEARNING NEW THINGS

so I want to start with it a soon as I can, but want to know what are the exact hardware's that needed to be ready to get started, so do i need anything other than the Ostrich2 ?

** Am sorry to be newbie with this stuff as am looking for your guidance and help guys
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

exact hardware will depend on what exactly you want to tune. the ostrich is a good start though.
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

True, sorry forgot to mention that I mostly work with BMW that got 402 Red label ECU and 405 Green label ECU, so would the ostrich2 be enough?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

<---- GM "expert", no idea about BMW ECUs....

i have helped convert a BWM to run on a GM ECU though...
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

that is sweet, BMW with GM ECU, seems to be a nice idea, any links to see it?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

not that i know of....

but it wouldn't be that bad to accomplish.... i have wiring diagrams for 82-08 BMWs and 82-02 GM cars, so it would largely consist of matching wires and ensuring that the sensors are compatible with the GM ECM...