Dissappearing Adl files.

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

cavfan1

Dissappearing Adl files.

Post by cavfan1 »

Ok, a friend and I are using TPRT 4.14 and moates xtream ALDL to datalog our 95 Cavaliers. For me, it has worked quite well all last summer. My friend is now to the point of datalogging, and everything works except for finding the .adl file anywhere other than inside tunerproRT.

He can datalog and record, playback sessions after they're saved and export to CSV. What he can't do is find the .adl file inside windows at all. I have tons saved from my cars and have no clue where they could go. The only thing different that I can come up with between our setups is windows XP vs. windows 7. Hes using 7 on his laptop. Has anybody else experianced this?

As an experiment on my own desktop with win7, I tried to name an adl file, it asks to create it, I click yes, and tunerpro says the path in the ALDL setup box, but it doesn't get created anywhere else. If you go back to ALDL setup and hit "select file for rec/playback" the file that was supposedly created isn't there to select, you can name it again and it will ask to create it AGAIN but it wont. No idea whats going on or if its a TP issue or win7 issue or what.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

this was something i struggled with in Vista for a while.

i guess windows doesn't like the ADL extension, and for some reason it hid all of them exactly where i saved them. i actually had to click through stuff to enable hidden files to get to them. i'm not quite sure what i did to get them to permanately show up, but i ended up saving them to the desktop quite a bit before i switched to TPV5 altogether.
cavfan1

Post by cavfan1 »

Hum, that was an option I thought about running down before, just hadn't done it till now, and still hasn't worked on my end. Ill have my friend try on his as well just to be sure. I'm kinda wondering if its not realy created till theres data in it to be saved and that could be stopping me from finding any of the files ive made since its my desktop. Thanks for the post!