1993 Silverado Emulation will not work after BIN is modified

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

topcok88

1993 Silverado Emulation will not work after BIN is modified

Post by topcok88 »

I was able on friday to get Emulation and ALDL functions to work great in the morning. I sat on the AWD DynoJet friday morning doing pulls, having a wideband from the exhaust to the Dyno, and changing my BIN accordingly. Getting 30 hp and 40 ftlb of torque just by fuel changes and not even to timing yet, I took a break. I saved my BIN, shut my truck down, and left. I came back 30 min later, turned the key on, and I got a "strobe like flashing" of the MIL. My ALDL indicated bad PROM. I already have Disable Checksum by Uploading 0x AA to offset 0x 08. I go and upload the 'stock' BIN and the vehicle then starts up fine! So while the stock BIN is running I upoad the Modified BIN and go from there. Altho this is possible to do, it gets EXTREMELY frustrating! Every minute my vehicle is sitting on the DynoJet I am losing money instead of working on customers cars. This is my FIRST time using TunerPro, and I use stand-alone systems primarily. Is there any reason why I cannot START the vehicle and not go into Limp mode? Is it possible for the stock ECU to indicate there is something odd with my MEMCAL? Thank you! This is a 1993 Silverado, I am using E6.xdf, E6_ECM.ads, and a BIN from Saar here on TunerPro.
bmfb

Post by bmfb »

I have this same problem. so if anyone here has any ideas...
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

What is the service number of the ECM(s) in question?

Some of the earlier truck ECMs, such as the '7747 needed the disable checksum at 0x04, not 0x08.

Also, you need to "turn off" emulation before disconnecting the emulator from the laptop.
bmfb

Post by bmfb »

Mines a 7749 i beleive, its in a 93 typhoon

it worked fine for about a week and then stopped and now i have this problem.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

a 93 Typhoon would indeed be a 7749... is it running $58 or code59? i believe most if not all of the "stock" code59 tunes had their checksums disabled in the BINs to begin with.
bmfb

Post by bmfb »

Im running code 59, and yea, my starter bin was setup without the checksum disabled. And it worked fine for like, a couple weeks and then all of a sudden stopped. my starter bin will still start the truck, and i can upload my modified bin and it will work fine, until i go to start it again. and it will start, but it runs super lean, and with the timing super advanced. Ive tried to take my starter bin and make a new modified bin, but as soon as i modify it it seems to do the same thing, even just doing a bit of work on the F29x table and what wideband to use...
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

What happens if you burn the modified bin to an EPROM?
bmfb

Post by bmfb »

wish i knew, i dont have a burner or a chip....well, actually, if i could get a way to do it with a universal burner i could do it at school (im going for electrical engineering) i could try it, but i would need to know what kind of chip it was and whatnot.
bmfb

Post by bmfb »

well, if anything now i have a hell of an anti theft device now...im gonna try a fresh install of tunerpro and see if it helps