Engine swap need tuning help

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

6.6L 87 TA

Engine swap need tuning help

Post by 6.6L 87 TA »

So I made a decision to put my 6.6L into my 87TA. Before I did this I got hooked up with Craig and purchest his ALDL and the Ostrich and played around on the 305 to get familiar with TunerPro and the hardware. Well the 406 is in it ran great under a carb. but I cannot get it to do much with the TPI I am a newbie to the FI tuning and need help (how many times have we read this). TPI consists of Edelbrock Manifold gasket ported to the Dart 2 heads SLP ported runners 32# injectors 58mm BBK and a ported stock plenum. I was able to get it to idle (modest surging) but anything off idle it does not like. Pops and carries on. Timming is set correct. Running a Comp Cams magnum 283 I need to find the specs. on it and find out what the overlap is (did alot of reading today on the Third Gen site) I read an article that instructed 383 people to open up the venturies and adjust the TPS from there. Idles around 1000RPM. I have put on Stainless Works long tube headers running turn downs for now the AIR pump is still hooked up but not compatable with the headers and I need to eliminate it and tune from there. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreceated.