Def for Marine MEFI GM applications? Is there 1 that works?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

fastline

Def for Marine MEFI GM applications? Is there 1 that works?

Post by fastline »

I have a friend fighting with a boat. I did not realize many of them run a pretty basic open loop GM 8192 baud computer by GM. I have not tried to connect to it yet but pretty sure I will have issues without the proper def files. Just curious if anyone has played with these? I would guess this is a REALLY basic system with no trans and open loop control only. I was hoping there was a def file in existence already that would work. ??
cbernhardt

Re: Def for Marine MEFI GM applications? Is there 1 that wo

Post by cbernhardt »

fastline wrote:I have a friend fighting with a boat. I did not realize many of them run a pretty basic open loop GM 8192 baud computer by GM. I have not tried to connect to it yet but pretty sure I will have issues without the proper def files. Just curious if anyone has played with these? I would guess this is a REALLY basic system with no trans and open loop control only. I was hoping there was a def file in existence already that would work. ??
There are several versions of MEFI controllers so you should get the serial number from the backside of the controller to see what version you are dealing with. GM put the MEFI controller on a series of Ram Jet engines that they sell for automotive use. There is tuning software available, but not public domain stuff (at least none that I am aware of).

Charles
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro has been known to work fine with manu MEFI setups. For hardware and definitions, see: http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/toplevel.asp?cat=32
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am