MAP Definition or explanation needed...

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

EagleMark

MAP Definition or explanation needed...

Post by EagleMark »

Looking through the 42.xdf and some others for a simple adjustment to MAP vacuum and can't find it or don't understand what is there? If it's not there how could I ad one or is that a job for a more experianced coder?

Here is an example, a 90 chevy 350 1227747 ECM with a cam that had EFI freindly specs and ran great throughout the RPM range but at idle would start to hunt/surge and the vacuum reading at idle was 16-17 inches but a dead stock vehicle (right next to his) was at 19-20.

Data logs showed no adjustments needed other than changing the MAP at idle. I have used a piggyback tuner once and it had an adjustment for this and worked great.

Why can't I find one in the simple 1227747 ?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I don't follow what you're asking...

Most maps in $42 are based on MAP KPA, VE and Spark tables for example.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Yes I know, and the main fuel table in idle rpm is where it should be changed. Since the only issue is a low vacuum at idle do to cam which had EFI freindly specs it really shouldn't have an issue unless he is off a tooth on the cam installation. Leaving a max rich BLM and O2 readings in data...

I see so many more options in 16197427 thought there may be more in the $42... like a MAP... naw that wouldn't work... OK nevermind.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Since this TunerPro is open source I would like to offer this update to $42 written by Robert Sarr if anyone wants it?

I have used WiALDL for so long I got used to looking at BLM tables and sure enough it's all there in TunerPro just have to edit the definition to include it. Being able to edit the program is something I never thought I would do but found time and a need, read the help section and VIOLA!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!