BMW ECU 413 Speed limiter

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Willits

BMW ECU 413 Speed limiter

Post by Willits »

Hi everybody,

I have finished my e85 tunes for my 325i e36, (1995 silver label ECU). I am using the BMW413 xdf.

The problem is that I restarted my map with a stock bin file took from internet (mine was modified by a bad tuner...), and it seems that it is an US bin, and now the car have its speed limited to 200 km/h. I have tried to set the value to FF with the BMW413 xdf, but nothing changes.

Can somebody points me out where to remove this annoying speed limitation ?

Thanks !
EagleMark

Re: BMW ECU 413 Speed limiter

Post by EagleMark »

Willits wrote:Hi everybody,

I have finished my e85 tunes for my 325i e36, (1995 silver label ECU). I am using the BMW413 xdf.

The problem is that I restarted my map with a stock bin file took from internet (mine was modified by a bad tuner...), and it seems that it is an US bin, and now the car have its speed limited to 200 km/h. I have tried to set the value to FF with the BMW413 xdf, but nothing changes.

Can somebody points me out where to remove this annoying speed limitation ?

Thanks !
wow! I can see where 120 MPH is no where near enough! How Rude! That is almost as bad as having tourque managment in an ECM!

Hope someone can help you! :D
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
Willits

Post by Willits »

I have found my problem.

I have a silver label DME, and there is a 16 byte offset somewhere, so the speed limit value is fucked up.

I have modified a 1994 Red label bin and the speed limiter value seems more correct (201 km/h), I have placed this morning the Red label bin in the Silver label ECU and it works (my car does not have EWS).

I will try this afternoon to set speed limiter to 80km/h and rpm to 4000 and if this works I will restart the tunning with the correct bins.
Willits

Post by Willits »

So, Red Label Binary inside a Silver Label ECU is useless. RPM limiter is not taken in account and I don't know how it works, the engine is working but I do not like that.

So, I have modified the BMW413 xdf file, I have set an offset on all maps in order to have them working with the bin http://www.tunerpro.net/download/bins/B ... 201995.bin.

I have discovered that the "413 Silver Label" binary maps can be read with the XDF "http://www.tunerpro.net/download/bindef ... oft965.xdf" and by setting an offset of 4.

I have managed to define correctly the Rev limiter, on the Silver label ECU there is a new feature compared to Red Label is that on each gear you can set a Rev limiter (pretty useless), the XDF file for the 506 ECU had this map, so I copied it inside my XDF and this map is working really fine (Now I have my RPM limit set to 7k).

But now, I am stuck with the Speed Limiter, I have tried with the value stored in the 506 ECU shifted by 4 bytes, but nothing happened (I tried to set it at 60 Km/h, and I reached 100km/h :roll: ), and now I am stuck with a car that can't go further 200Km/h, I need just this informations in order to finalize the XDF and send it to the tunerpro team.

Can somebody give me any clue ? Google does not want anymore to give me information...

Thanks !
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

dumbass, XDF has to match the software version onf the ecu, not all 413 silver label ecus have the same software. This is why I noted "soft965". Stupid people.
Willits

Post by Willits »

revlimit wrote:dumbass, XDF has to match the software version onf the ecu, not all 413 silver label ecus have the same software. This is why I noted "soft965". Stupid people.
And WHERE this was written where this software version is ? NOWHERE !

There is no documentation anywhere about the subject, there is nothing, only an XDF file given and no info with it. I have read everything on the net.

It is exactly the same that if I ask you how to change the FIFO size of a serial driver on a Linux kernel 2.6.32 without any documentation, and I say that you are a fuckin DUMBASS if you are not able to do that.

I am an hobyist and an IT Engineer, not a "pro" tuner, it seems that I used your work in order to make MY 413 Silver XDF that works fine because I have saw that your 506 file is not made for the 413 Silver DME, I have just took a look on "how it was made" and tried to understand, I have the RPM limit working and all maps too.

So instead of saying "Oh, you are a dumbass", can you share the bit of knowledge that you have with speed limiter of 413 software ? Or this is too much hard because you don't know anything about the subject and only say that people trying to do something are dumbass ?

I only need that in order to finish the XDF.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

On software number 1 261 357 965, when I compared stock with tuned Jim Conforti chip, at hex address D092 one byte in hex is BE on stock chip and EE on Jim Conforti chip, so I asume it must be some limiter, probably speed limiter, this may be the reason why the value is increased in tuned chip.

BE=190kmh
EE=238kmh

Maybe this will help you sense you are so stupid
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

both of you need to stop or you'll end up receiving a complimentary vacation from the forum.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

revlimit, as i PMed you, this community was created in the first place to help who needs help, not to show off and humiliate the users.

After all its not your fault to be arrogant and full of s h i t , its the moderators fault, i wonder why not kicking your ass long time ago !
Willits

Post by Willits »

At D092 I have C6 with the chip that work without speed limit and A9 on the one that is limited.

And if I convert in decimal :
- C6 = 198
- A9 = 168

So.... This does not help me, and as I do not have a jim conforti chip I cannot compare.

Btw, I have fixed the problem by taking back the original software for this DME that I was not able to tune because of EWS, and I have found how to kick away EWS, so now I am using this version that is not speed limited.

How, and yes, I came on this forum to search help and to contribute with the XDF for the Silver Label DME but because of this ******* of revlimit I do not want anymore now...