Problems making new Acquisition Definition File

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

passuff

Problems making new Acquisition Definition File

Post by passuff »

I have Bluetooth adapter for VAG KWP1281 and KWP2000 ECUs.
Its called WBH DIag. It accepts normal AT-Commands so it should be easy to setup in tunerpro for data logging. thats what I thougth before ;)
At the moment I cant open the comport properly at all.
I'm able to comunicate with the adapter over hyperterminal very well.
When I start a hyperterm session on COM8 the Adaper is already connected (blue led stopped blinking) and the adaper is ready for input.
But what is hyperterminal doing for that? I cant get tunerpro even there :(
but it should be very easy to open the com port. For sure I set up the right com port in preferences, but if I start logging, the blue led just stops blinking for a second and then blinks again. so connection progress maybe was to short(bt device might be slower).
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I tried this at one time with a GM ECM, and Mark said that it wasn't possible with the way TP is set up.
passuff

Post by passuff »

Six_Shooter wrote:I tried this at one time with a GM ECM, and Mark said that it wasn't possible with the way TP is set up.
What is impossible? AT Commands or Bluetooth at all?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Bluetooth is what I was attempting.

I'm not sure what you mean by AT.
passuff

Post by passuff »

Six_Shooter wrote:Bluetooth is what I was attempting.

I'm not sure what you mean by AT.
the adapter is controlled by at commands..
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This should be possible. How do you know that TunerPro can't open the COM port?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Bluetooth to upload to the Ostrich works fine, datalogging from the ALDL on the other hand didn't work at the time, if it can now, I would so love to get that working and need no more wires in the car. :D
passuff

Post by passuff »

Mangus wrote:This should be possible. How do you know that TunerPro can't open the COM port?
Because my Bluetooth adapter doesnent confirm a connection(LED) as it does, when I open Hyperterminal(only open hyperterm, not sending anything). i'm pretty sure TP doesnt connect aldl bluetooth devices. It tries, (LED stops for a second) but I guess BT Device is not as fast with response as cable device, so connection is closed...
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

passuff wrote:
Mangus wrote:This should be possible. How do you know that TunerPro can't open the COM port?
Because my Bluetooth adapter doesnent confirm a connection(LED) as it does, when I open Hyperterminal(only open hyperterm, not sending anything). i'm pretty sure TP doesnt connect aldl bluetooth devices. It tries, (LED stops for a second) but I guess BT Device is not as fast with response as cable device, so connection is closed...
BT does require some delays, but you should be able to do what you need to (including add delays) with the ADX.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
passuff

Post by passuff »

Mangus wrote:
passuff wrote:
BT does require some delays, but you should be able to do what you need to (including add delays) with the ADX.
The problem is even before a adx file is used. As I understand, if a serial device is setup properly in the prefernces menu I have to konfigurate the commands(for logging) with adx file.
But if it doesn't even connect, it surely fails to send any command!
Even with a blank adx the com port must be opened by the "start stop data scan " button. Or am I able to send a command for opening the com port with an adx?
If I open hypertermnial(just opening-nothing else) com port is opened already!!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The COM port is opened when you hit the connect button. Setting up the port in the device manager doesn't do anything useful for you, since the software itself initializes the port with the information it needs (baud, byte format, parity, etc).

Make sure nothing else has the COM port open when you try to utilize TunerPro, and make sure you're sending at the proper baud rate.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
passuff

Post by passuff »

Mangus wrote:The COM port is opened when you hit the connect button. Setting up the port in the device manager doesn't do anything useful for you, since the software itself initializes the port with the information it needs (baud, byte format, parity, etc).

Make sure nothing else has the COM port open when you try to utilize TunerPro, and make sure you're sending at the proper baud rate.
Baud rate is set to 19200 and comport is same as in hyperterm. I think its TP problem ;)
If TP wasn't setup properly, it wouldn't even try to connect (LED stops flashing for a second). But by the fact it does, I guess its setup correct!

As I said before, no problems with other tools with same configuration!
Also original wbh diag soft has no prob..