$8d 7730 datalog

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

monkihead

$8d 7730 datalog

Post by monkihead »

I'm using the file from the moates site and it allows me to connect and record. Unfortunately I'm also getting a "spike" every 4-6 seconds. It will start off reading fine, then a few seconds later everything goes off the wall, then normal, then off the wall again. I checked my connections and seems ok. I'll datalog my camaro(746) and it reads fine. Any suggestions?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you may be experiencing what i've described as "ALDL collision".

is this with V4 or V5?
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

robertisaar wrote:you may be experiencing what i've described as "ALDL collision".

is this with V4 or V5?
V5
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

Acquisition -> Edit Definition

check to see which macro is your monitor command, then modify the "reply" of that commands as such:

payload offset + payload size should be equal to body size + 1. if not, change the body size to payload offset + payload size + 1.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

robertisaar wrote:Acquisition -> Edit Definition

check to see which macro is your monitor command, then modify the "reply" of that commands as such:

payload offset + payload size should be equal to body size + 1. if not, change the body size to payload offset + payload size + 1.
I'm a bit slow at this, so where would I modify the "reply" on the screen?

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you're looking at the data macro. go up a selection or two and you'll be at the "reply".
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

message is in pic -

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

changing that likely won't do anything for your spike issue.

in your first screenshot, "mode 1 ALDL dump request macro" is highlighted in blue, go up a slot or two and find the "mode 1 ALDL dump request reply" and make changes there.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

ok, so payload offset is 3, payload size is 63, body size is 66.

Should I change body size to 67?

robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

correct.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

robertisaar wrote:correct.
did same thing. i tried at 67 and 65. any other ideas?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

leave it at 67 and do this:

Acquisition => Edit definition =>commands => add new item => listen for silence

name it however, give it an ID, change timeout to 5.

now go to the mode 1 ALDL dump request macro, click add new on the right side, select the silence command you just created, move it down after the reply.

save defintion, attempt to generate error free log.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

robertisaar wrote:leave it at 67 and do this:

Acquisition => Edit definition =>commands => add new item => listen for silence

name it however, give it an ID, change timeout to 5.

now go to the mode 1 ALDL dump request macro, click add new on the right side, select the silence command you just created, move it down after the reply.

save defintion, attempt to generate error free log.
surprisingly I was able to add the new item and add it. It still doesn't work and is actually worse than before. Pic is with changes, car is at idle, in park, with a/c on.

BB72CAMARO

Post by BB72CAMARO »

I am having the same problem with my 7730 ECM. I also tried it on my pickup that has the 8625 ECM and the data spikes about once per second. I am using a Tunercats Y cable with USB converter that has the connectors for all OBD1 including the 95 LT-1. I downloaded a free trial of datamaster and it works ok. I am wondering if it is my cable/usb converter or a setting I need to change in the tunerpro software.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

it was working for a while if I only log 1 or 2 sensors at a time. I haven't messed with it since, but will be trying again this weekend.
BB72CAMARO

Post by BB72CAMARO »

robertisaar wrote:Acquisition -> Edit Definition

Did this and now it works like a champ on my pickup. Going to try it on my Camaro with the 7730 tonight.