launch control

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

eater_eg6

launch control

Post by eater_eg6 »

can tuner pro add-on the launch control to the chip ??
eater_eg6

Post by eater_eg6 »

anyone ? please help . and how about the full throttle shifting ? can tuner pro do these ?? thanx.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Launch control and full throttle shifting is usually obtained by using modified code. If you have a bin that has been modified to allow this then TunerPro can burn the modified bin to a chip (assuming your ecu's chip is supported) but you will need a definition file (xdf) to be able to edit any parameters that the modified code has.
eater_eg6

Post by eater_eg6 »

tunerpro dont have this modified code ? where can i get these kind of modified codes ? thanx.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

TunerPro allows you to edit your ecu's bin file and does not have custom code hacks/modifications. I think you will need to find Mitsubishi tuning forum to find this kind of tweak.
KaliE36

Post by KaliE36 »

Anyway, how actually this launch control works ?
i've tried to simulate this on a partial load (low load), increasing fuel delivery and strongly retarding the spark advance ... i've tried this for several rpm's rages (where, usually, in full load - the turbo produce boost) :
the engine stalls at that rpm, but the boost didn't increase so much ... i've read maximum 1psi on gauge :((
any ideas ?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

JP86SS

Custom Code

Post by JP86SS »

Editing an existing calibration section of a bin with a definition (road map) is what TP does. It can not create new operating system for your engine control.
That has to be done in Assembly language or other programming language and recompiled into a bin file for use. The parameters for that operating software is what can be edited by TP. The calibration values would be arranged in the program and an XDF file created indicating the address location and scale factor for each (so they make sense to you)
:)
I was thinking of two ways to do traction control (more of a Launch routine) on cars that have no wheel sensors or feedback.
1.) Straight Spark retard table Vs Speed (with qualifiers on TPS% to initiate it) Tried this but didn't work in the S_AUJP V4. Is a code problem and the theory should work.
Will have another go at it on the next revision.
2.) Create a spark retard that works by comparing the vehicle speed on a specific slope from a standing start. Kind of percentage of variance from a known slope. If the tires break away the speed will increase faster than the slope and slightly retard until it comes back into line. Hopefully won't loose forward momentum, just lessen the hit as the tires spin.
Would need to track gear shifts by NV ratio or RPM increase then drop.
Each gear should have its own slope value and retard % for the variation.
Not sure how to implement it or any possible side effects but am still dreaming.
Just thinking out loud tonight :)
Jp