1985 Corvette real-time ostrich reader tuner Pro RT fdx f1

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

micro-55

1985 Corvette real-time ostrich reader tuner Pro RT fdx f1

Post by micro-55 »

I just recently purchased the Corvette and I've noticed that it had ostrich reader installed on the computer. I talked to creg and he set me up with the software that I would need to start tuning. The problem that I am experiencing is that at high RPM seems to want to cut out. And it's shifting way too high. I adjusted my fuel injection voltage versus load and it seemed to help me with a cutting out at a high RPM. But I'm not too sure what to adjust for my shift .my question is. Is there a manual or a cross reference sheet that I can get to maybe start from scratch her may be someone can recommend something. Anything would be much appreciated the car has minor things done to it. Small can excel ignition system 24 pound excel injectors, aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and Borla exhausts. I've been built and hot rods and imports for years but never got into tuning electronically through the ECM. Can you help?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Moving to general tuning discussion.

I'm not sure about your specific mask, but most GM masks call the WOT fuel tuning "Power Enrichment." Do a Ctrl + F search on "Enrichment" and you may find what you're looking for.

A wide band oxygen sensor goes a long way in tuning out these issues, if it isn't something like inadequate injectors or fuel pump.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
chrose

Post by chrose »

Just installed a 383 in my 85' vette. Kept the tpi system stock with a 1226870-160 baud ecm chipped 27sf512 by Moates. Running TunerPro RT on a low hp dyno up to 4000 rpm's with a Zeitronics wb datalogger.
As this ecm was used for only one year, there's not much info on it.
On the plus side it has less things you can change which will probraly keep you out of trouble.
To save you trashing several bins and a set of plugs...Set idle with IPW vs. Lv8 16 400-600 range & MAF table 1 10-16 g/sec areas ...drag them around till there happy.
I was lean above 2500 and no amount of IPW vs. Lv8 or MAF tables would help this without ruining driveability until I found the TPS threshld vs. rpm enable WOT. Lowering this to 2000-30, 3200-20, 4800-5?(guessing, Not ther yet) to make it come on & then - % change to fuel/air ratio at WOTvs. rpm to tailor the fuel ratio richen things right , very stock like street manners for a fairly big cam.
Easy once you get there, didn't really change anything else to get good results. Ask me next week about Highway mode & my fuel mileage , & 4k-6.5k rpm runs in a month. CR
micro-55

Post by micro-55 »

Thank you soooo much!!! That got me on the right track.