adjusting fuel injetor flow/pulse length!

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

WALLDOW

adjusting fuel injetor flow/pulse length!

Post by WALLDOW »

hi guys new guy to the forums here. got a couple questions. got a 87 GTA Trans AM modded out the wazoo! very nice set up. had 2 costum chips burnt whith moates adpters. one from lsracing .com out of north canton ohio, and the other from pcm for less, notht carolina. the problem im having is im getting way to mutch gas causeing me to fowl out a set of pluggs in about 60-70 miles not to metion washing down my cilinder walls and gas getting into the oil! ya not good!!! evry thing else is good with the tunes ecept im over loading on fuel! very bad. does good on idle and exceleration but on cruising at one speed u can realy tell, it starts getting realy over loaded! i tlked to jammie from ls racingchips wre i got one the chips he said to warm it up drive it and get it out of open loop it should lean out well i have. drove it about 60-70 miles nothing has changed still over loading with gas. i will post specs to my engine below see what u guys think.

kk so my first question will this set up here from moates be sufficiant enough to change the flowrate/injector pulse length? http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... cts_id=127 since i already have a chip and adapter?

im also going with a 170 ac delco thermostat and a hypertech 176on/166off fan relay switch. will i have to use pro tuner to change peramters from the stock 195 settings or will the changing of the fan relay switch be enough?

kk last but not least i realy hate to spend 80 bucks for a programer that i would prolly only use one time!! would anyone be willing to re do the fuel flow rate one one of the chips for me? ill pay for all the shiping and prolly be willin to give somdody a little cash in there pocket for helpin me out with this.

87 GTA T-Top
5.7 Ltr-Flat Top Pistons
Holley Systemax Kit 300-503-1
Via L98 Intake & Roller Rockers
58mm Throttle body-Summit
Holley Factory Rep. Adj. FPR
30lb Eccel Injectors
Modified MAF
B&M Holeshot 2400 RPM Stall
3.73 Richmond Gear- Full Time Pos