Smartlock Bypass

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

waasbp

Smartlock Bypass

Post by waasbp »

Does anyone know whether or not there is the capacity within bin and definition files (and Tunerpro) to stop 6DFC EEC-V looking for Smartlock signal?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

If the eec-v processes a signal from the immobiliser then in theory you could circumvent it but I doubt whether someone (ethically) would expose that information.
RETROHO

Post by RETROHO »

dex wrote:If the eec-v processes a signal from the immobiliser then in theory you could circumvent it but I doubt whether someone (ethically) would expose that information.
not sure its a matter of ethics most would like to remove smartlock for retro fits eg:98 5.0w efi into 65 mustang etc.
IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHILE SOROUNDED BY TURKEY'S!!!!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

If doing a retrofit then I would suggest sourcing the key transponders and sensors etc and swapping them over along with the engine/ecu etc. People spend money on aftermarket alarms and immobilisers (often an insurance requirement) and yet don't want what is arguably a more secure system on their pride and joy :roll:
RETROHO

Post by RETROHO »

dex wrote:If doing a retrofit then I would suggest sourcing the key transponders and sensors etc and swapping them over along with the engine/ecu etc. People spend money on aftermarket alarms and immobilisers (often an insurance requirement) and yet don't want what is arguably a more secure system on their pride and joy :roll:
we call them dumb locks here in aust as they never really stopped theft here!!! lol lol lol
IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHILE SOROUNDED BY TURKEY'S!!!!
galapogos01

Post by galapogos01 »

Bit of a thread mine, but I just saw this thread.

This has been disabled via the J3 for a large number of Australian EECs and the defs are available on my site. I've seen conversions ranging from an I6 into a landcruiser and a 5.0 Windsor into a Transit van!

Jason