MEFI1 Definitions - PLEEEEEASE!!

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

jepps3

MEFI1 Definitions - PLEEEEEASE!!

Post by jepps3 »

Why am I having a difficult time finding a MEFI1 Definition file. I have the RamJet tune file already but I need the XDF file for definitions.

MEFIBurn wants $600 to have access for this file. That's total BS.

Does anyone here have the XDF definition file for one the worlds most common ECM's made during mankind??????????????????
Russ T Nut

Post by Russ T Nut »

Jeeps3, I'm new to this MEFI tuning and I just bought the MEFIBurn software. Bob at OBD Dianostics is a great guy and will answer any questions you may have, I spent a day with him and he had my car running better that it's ever run with the generic program that Arizona Speed & Marine had in it.
The Burn software allows you to scan, data log, and change any of the ECU's settings you wish. If you already have a way of programing your ECU and need a startup program I'm sure Bob has one that he'll share with you.
Russ
67 Corvette EFI MEFI3 ECU, Programed using MEFIBurn
cbernhardt

Re: MEFI1 Definitions - PLEEEEEASE!!

Post by cbernhardt »

jepps3 wrote:Why am I having a difficult time finding a MEFI1 Definition file. I have the RamJet tune file already but I need the XDF file for definitions.

MEFIBurn wants $600 to have access for this file. That's total BS.

Does anyone here have the XDF definition file for one the worlds most common ECM's made during mankind??????????????????
Are you trying to tune a Ram Jet engine or are you wanting to modify a Ram Jet tune to work with some other engine? To the best of my knowledge the MEFI1 was not used on any of the GM Ram Jet engines. I have one of the first Ram Jet 350 engines and it used the MEFI3.

The MEFIBurn package includes not only the XDF files for all of the MEFI controllers but also software/hardware that will allow you to transfer your tunes to/from the MEFI controller. The complete MEFIBurn package also includes definition files for TunerPro and ScannerPro. If you check around I think you will find that $600 is relatively cheap for this type of tuning package.

Charles