1950something VW Bug ECU

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

desmo01

1950something VW Bug ECU

Post by desmo01 »

Gents,

One of my buds has a 1950 something bug he's re-doing. He's not going to go original, but for a performance type build. Obviously, EFI is more desirable than carburetors, especially since he wants to do a turbo engine. We were talking about what ECU to put on it, I was thinking a Ford EEC IV type for a 4-banger turbo if the .xdf files are out there. I thought of the Ford ECU as this thing only has a distributor...

Basically, what type of ECU would you guys recommend and do .xdf files exist and where are they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I know there's a guy using an A9L to run a VW 4 cylinder engine. He is using CalEdit and therefore cannot convert the 'Engine Displacement' (aka SARCHG) equation to suit the number of cylinders though :roll:
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I personally have used a GM ECM ( '7749 ) running a modified code ( $59 www.code59.org ) to run the turbocharged Nissan I6 that is in my 1973 Datsun 240Z.

Another guy I know local to me is using an under hood GM ECM ( like the '7727 but a later version ), also running the same code as me, but on a Toyota I4 installed in his 1956 Land Rover.

I like the GM ECMs.

I am learning about the Ford EFI, but the more I look at the tables and such the more I like the GM EFI.