Can't get autoprom working

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

hugger70camaro

Can't get autoprom working

Post by hugger70camaro »

Just got the software to tune my tpi off of a 88 Firebird. Got the Auto Prom hardware. Downloaded the xdf file and installed it. Car will not start with the hardware running. I uploaded the file to the autoprom. I turned on the emulation. Screen at bottom shows that it is emulating, but car will not start. I started to look at the definition that is on the website for this app. The numbers were messed up on a bunch of stuff. I changed all of the numbers so that they were matching similiar vehicles or working fine. I did turn off the vats function in the definition also. Is there a certain bin that I need to use. I have been trying with the arap bin. Please help. By the way the SES light does illuminate and the car will start and run fine with the original chip replaced.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

For your 88, you should be using the $32B definition.

- Make sure the bin that you're starting with is valid. Download one from the various locations on the Web - make sure you're getting a $32B bin, and that it matches your transmission configuration.

- Make sure you don't have a chip in the ZIF socket of the AutoProm when trying to emulate

- After uploading the bin to the AutoProm, do a verification and make sure it matches.

If you continue having issues, please send me the bin and XDF you're using (you have my email address).

-Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am