What is this?...TPS threshold for WOT (HI cool)..$DA2,93 LT1

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dizwiz24

What is this?...TPS threshold for WOT (HI cool)..$DA2,93 LT1

Post by dizwiz24 »

Im tweaking a tune that was supplied to me by a guy with a similar setup on his S/C 93 LT1 6spd.

One of the Tables/Functions in my DA2.xdf definition file is:

TPS threshold for WOT (HI cool).

If I open it up, it has a list of RPM's and a %TPS that can be changed.

There are currently values such as: 14.84 % from 1400 RPM all the way to 4800 RPM.

The way I read it, when the throttle is opened >14.84%, WOT fueling is enacted.

My questions are:
1. What is defined as HI cool? Is there a place I can go in and define what temp is considered HI cool?
2. 14.84% seems like the throttle doesnt have to be opened very far to trigger WOT fueling....Is that correct? I have no idea what stock would be.

Any help is appreciated.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

I hope someone in the LT1 community answers this, because the same table exists in Nissan ECUs, and I would love some feedback on why this is implemented.

Dave
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

easiest way to explain it:

when your coolant temps hit (as an example) 240*F, it will enable the HI COOL tables, meaning it will richen up the air/fuel mixture to help cool down the motor. thats why it doesn't take very much throttle to activate it. there are probably spark changes as well in another table for the same reason.

there may be a value to change for the ECM to determine what is and isn't HI COOL, but i don't know enough about the DA stuff to give you a definite answer.
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

That is the TPS% point where PE engages.
There are two tables (normal coolant temp, and High coolant temp)
There is a varible that sets the temperature at which the high temp table is used.
Like stated above, the high temp table bring PE in earlier in most cases that I've seen. The richer mixture and added SA help to cool as I understand it. Seems backwards until you think about it.
retarded timing and lean mixtures = heat
dizwiz24

Post by dizwiz24 »

My question is how would one check and see what the current variable (ie temp) defined as high temperature is currently set at.

It doesnt appear in my $DA2 definition table. I cant see it or change it.

I imagine what ever it is is fine, Im just curious what is considered high temperature.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

its in my DA2 XDF at $871...