different BIN sizes

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FastButBlind

different BIN sizes

Post by FastButBlind »

hi,
I got the Ostrich 2 along with the Burn2, to work on the M50 402 Red Label ECU, I noticed when I read the original chip using the stand alone Moates Flash&Burn that I downloaded from TunerPro gives me a 64KB BIN file, but when I read it using the utility that is found in TunerPro RT it gives me a 32KB BIN file,both files gives the same data so am confused here form getting different sizes?! I tried to run the car by emulating the 64KB BIN file, but the engine wont start
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

the 402 ecu uses B58234 27C512 chip with two 32kb files stacked into it. But you can also use one 27C256 chip in it with single 32kb file and will work fine. Read your original chip as 27c256 and it will give you 32kb file and use that for emulation or just use the one from definitions page
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

I did and read the original chip as 32KB and tried it, but it didn't work, as I downloaded the BIN from the tunerpro, also didn't work, am going to check the ECU, maybe I broke something :roll:

I used it on my other e30/m50b25 car 405 green label ECU with the proper XDF and stock BIN, and it worked fine, the ostrich can emulate it just fine.

but I have noticed something, the XDF from tunerpro thats for 402 ECU, says its 402 silver label ECU, while mine is 402 red label ECU, am using this ECU with my m50b25 non vanos engine, I think its 1991 or 1992 engine model, somehow its confusing!! what do you think?!