Can't save map values!

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

danisawesome

Can't save map values!

Post by danisawesome »

Hello! So, I'm having a really strange issue where I can't save values in a map I have created in my XDF. If I change a value on a map and save my BIN, when I reopen the file, it acts as though I haven't changed anything (which is confirmed by my checksum calculator that says the checksums haven't changed). What is really baffling to me is that I can modify and save scalars perfectly fine.

Also, if I try to modify the "Address Step" value from -4 to 0, it will change for the moment, but when I reopen Tunerpro, the step will have gone back to -4.

Any ideas as to what I can do? I've already set the bin size in the header info, which seems to be the most common solution.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Address step of 0 means "Default to the element size."

Regarding not being able to save, make sure you're not changing values in increments below the resolution of the conversion. In other words, if a raw value of 0 means a calculated value of 0, and raw value of 1 means a calculated value of .25, trying to change the value from 0 to .1 would result in 0 being saved to the raw value, and would appear as no change.

Also, make sure that the bin size is set correctly in the XDF header. It should match (in hex) the actual size of the bin that the XDF is intended to edit (e.g. 0x4000 for 16KB).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
danisawesome

Post by danisawesome »

Ok, I feel very dumb for the maps not saving properly. I didn't realize you had to close the map window first in order to commit changes to the bin in order to be saved, I thought you could just save the bin and the value would be committed to it right then. Seems a little redundant to me to close the window then save the bin, but now it works and I am VERY happy that I can streamline things now.

Also, I didn't realize that 0 for the address step would provide that kind of feedback, so I used 2 instead and got the same results AND it has kept the values in the XDF. Very happy right now! Being a noob is tough :roll:

Thank you for the suggestions and getting my brain going in the right direction!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Are you sure you need to change the address step? Can you describe why?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
danisawesome

Post by danisawesome »

The label values for both rows and columns are constantly off and I have to set the step to either 1 or 2 in order to get the correct values to show up. For example, RPM values across all columns will read something like 100 3840 2390 294 etc. but if I adjust the address step, it will be corrected and be something like 720 1000 1520 1820 2000 etc.