No Data received for 160 baud connection

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

d-fens_

No Data received for 160 baud connection

Post by d-fens_ »

hi,

i build my third cable (1 transistor, 2 transistors, max232 circuit) and although the max232 is "detected and works" on my laptop plugged with a usb->serial converter (ftdi -based) i just get no data from my 88 caprice ecm. The datastream should be A043, this is where i created my .adx from but using all variations of baud, packetsize, echo, listening for silence, packet types etc. i just get no data from it.
Using a serial monitor i can see the toggeling data on CTS but i'm really out of ideas here. I read some bugreports with regard to 160baud streams but there was no solution so far, can someone help me with this or is it just not possible with tunerpro?

Btw.: the tutorial for creating 160 baud adx files seems to outdated as the "160baud gm paket" type is new - do i have to set 160 baud for this command explicitly :?:

thanx!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

try the ADS in tunerpro V4, see if it works there.
d-fens_

Post by d-fens_ »

hi,

after two days i finally found out that the circuits signalling 160baud via CTS are just crap and are prone to errors(electric shielding etc), i now build a 1trans cable signalling to Rx and it Works!!!! :twisted:

I get data via winaldl and Tunerpro, i had to change echo settings and the baud rate unlike shown in the "create a 160baud .adx" tutorial and i did a 95% complete adx this night, i'm going to test it on the road now and if its ok i'll post it here (or wheres the place for it)

so to sum up: CTS is evil, documentation could be better and i found a bug in tunerpro: the placement of stuff in the dash is a bit flaky: 100% is off the screen and a 25%*25% gauge is not round ;)

thanks for the feedback!