moates

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

marcone

moates

Post by marcone »

Hi I have just purchased moates so I can tune my bmw 173 ecu and I dont know how to get started.Got it loaded so it is recognised on the tuner pro,But do I use like with chip/burn or is anoher process,can somebody help please.

MARC
Guybrush

Re: moates

Post by Guybrush »

marcone wrote:Hi I have just purchased moates so I can tune my bmw 173 ecu and I dont know how to get started.Got it loaded so it is recognised on the tuner pro,But do I use like with chip/burn or is anoher process,can somebody help please.

MARC
Do you have the xdf file of your ecu?
marcone

moates

Post by marcone »

Hi I have got it all working now with car running.But now I am trying to see if it does map tracing in the bin file to see exactly where I am in the map,is this possible.I can see there is a tracing button but does not seem to do anything or I am doing lots wrong.Can anybody shed some light on this,

Cheers Marc
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

marcone wrote:Hi I have got it all working now with car running.But now I am trying to see if it does map tracing in the bin file to see exactly where I am in the map,is this possible.I can see there is a tracing button but does not seem to do anything or I am doing lots wrong.Can anybody shed some light on this,

Cheers Marc
Does it label on the bottom of the page Ostrich II in Tuner Pro when you connect with the Ostrich?If it so then you have a connection.

The trace should be at one map each time for example if you are on fuel idle map and press the A button the trace should be only there.
marcone

moates

Post by marcone »

I have got connection and I am emulating with it which is good.Just trying to set it up.I am trying to get 325 with 330cc injectors with turbo all dialled in.I have just about got it to start and idle but wont rev up without popping and banging(badly).I think it is the maf restricting it as it is standard so will need to scale in a new maf(which I have to learn).Any ideas?
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

marcone wrote:I have got connection and I am emulating with it which is good.Just trying to set it up.I am trying to get 325 with 330cc injectors with turbo all dialled in.I have just about got it to start and idle but wont rev up without popping and banging(badly).I think it is the maf restricting it as it is standard so will need to scale in a new maf(which I have to learn).Any ideas?
In the fuel idle map decrease -10 or -15 and see what happens.