Getting ALDL to work

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Mastiff

Getting ALDL to work

Post by Mastiff »

I'm sure I'm just idiotic, but what's the trick to getting ALDL to work? I have winALDL working, but tunerpro never sees any data at all with the same hardware setup. This is for a 7747. I don't really see any options for changing things besides com port and sample rate, none of which seem to help. Any ideas?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What definition? Provided you're using the proper definition, ALDL should work just fine with the 7747 (I have it working on the bench just dandy).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I'm at work, so I can't say the filename right now... but would having the wrong def prevent me from seeing any data at all, or would it just make what comes out look like garbage?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Either, actually. If it's the wrong def that happens to use the correct message size, then you'll see garbage. If it uses the wrong message size, you won't see any data at all.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

I'm using "1227747" version 1.0 by Jason Woodall. Filename 7747.ads. Somehow I seem to have a directory fill of .ads files related to 7747. Thing is, when I click on "test for valid cable using settings", it always comes back negative. What's that telling me?

By the way, what does the asterisk next to the bin filename above the toolbar mean? In some programs it means the file is unsaved, but saving doesn't seem to make it go away.

Thanks.