Not connecting

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Insane1

Not connecting

Post by Insane1 »

Not sure if this is a duplicate or not. I don't know what happened to my other post.

I am trying to get TunerPro to work on my '90 Corvette. I downloaded the files for the 730 computer. My computer is the 727 extreme environment version. When I do the cable test it comes back with no cable found message. I have tried making my own both with the two transisters and the MAX233 type. I ended up buying the cable from http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=aldlobd1 . The cables work on my '85 using WinALDL and the one I bought works with TTS Datamaster. I am using Windows 2000 with a serial connection on my laptop.

HELP!!!!

Thank you
Rebuildman

Post by Rebuildman »

I also have a 90 Vette and I can tell you even after you get connected and log data the cable test will fail, why? Don't know?
Do you have the correct data stream file selected in setup? Should be the 730.
1978 Chevy Truck with 400 HSR TPI 200 R4
1990 Corvette
Insane1

Post by Insane1 »

Yes, I am using the 730 files. The system says that it is connected but I keep getting packet errors and never any data. When I have the cable plugged into the car it will say that it is connected. If I try to connect without the ALDL cable connected to the car it won't connect. Still never get anything but error packets.
Rebuildman

Post by Rebuildman »

I have used TP for about a year now on my Vette, worked pretty well most of the time until recently. Mark has informed me that it is not suppose to work with the 727 ecm! Problems with the digital dash and ccm control. He is trying to help me get it to work but so far no luck, can't figure out why it worked then quit! Bummer.
Go to the Third Gen web site and follow along maybe it can be fixed before the release of version 5 later this year when Mark advised the problem will be corrected.
1978 Chevy Truck with 400 HSR TPI 200 R4
1990 Corvette
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro doesn't work well with the 90/91 vettes because of the chatty CCM module. This will all get better in version 5, due out later this year. Sorry about that!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Insane1

Post by Insane1 »

Ok. I will be looking for the new version.