16144288 ECM question

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

aggiemarine07

16144288 ECM question

Post by aggiemarine07 »

Had a general question about the 16144288 ECM. I have a 1990 Chevy C1500 with a 16144288 ECM in it. Im pretty new to TunerPro and am trying to get all the gauges on my physical dash to appear on the digital one through TunerPro.

I've run into a problem though because it seems like every other gauge (VSS, RPM, etc) displays except for fuel level and engine oil pressure. They are not in the ADX that ive been using however, the physical dashboard has one connector for every gauge (to include fuel level and engine pressure) in the back so I know that fuel level and engine oil pressure go through the ECM.

Does anyone know where I can find how to add these into the ADX?

Thanks in advance.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

I am pretty sure it is not there. I used to play with this years ago and I have found disassemblies and figured out how to add the lean burn code used on the 1227747 ECU.

If you go here: http://winaldl.joby.se/ you can download winaldl

WinALDL has a setup for the 16144288 ECU. You can install and look at all the variables in the RAW Data tab.

If you need more help, I will try and refresh my memory. Unfortunately I accidentally overwrote my old files but I may be able to find some info that will help.

Send me a message if you want some help.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Look here:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-AO

The HIWAY patch was done by me using the 1227747 version as a guide
aggiemarine07

Post by aggiemarine07 »

Thanks for replying. I looked at winALDL and according to the base config within the program, there is nothing I see for engine oil pressure or fuel level. Odd considering the instrument panel has only one connector on the rear.

So i guess this means that both of those gauges are by wire rather than electronic correct? These gauges adjust based on the voltage from the sensor?

Looking at the HIWAY adx link that you posted, whats the difference between that and the normal ADX for the $A0?
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

The Hiway file in that link will patch your original Binary to add in lean burn code for light cruising down the highway.

I don't see any adx file.

The adx file is used to get the datastream sent out by the ECU and has nothing to do with the instrument cluster.

I am confused by your questions. I think you better spend more time researching and using TunerPro.
Buddrow

Post by Buddrow »

I think the OP is expecting to see the engine oil pressure sent out via the datastream which it is NOT.

aggiemarine07, the wiring for the 7747 is identical to the '288( they are interchangeable). Check out this link for a wiring diagram.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-42

Buddrow
aggiemarine07

Post by aggiemarine07 »

@Buddrow

You are correct that is what I am attempting to do because the wiring behind my instrument panel says it should be possible.

Since the '7747 and '288 are interchangeable, can I use the ADS/ADX from a '7747 on my '288? OR would I need to swap out the PCM's in order for it to work?

Looking at the wiring diagram, I believe it confirms what I suspected, that the fuel relay and engine oil pressure go to the ECM (A1 and B2 specifically). So it SHOULD be possible right?