Tunerpro and mac

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Turbo v-sick

Tunerpro and mac

Post by Turbo v-sick »

Like it says will tunerpro work with a mac?I have an ibook g3 just cruious.Thanks..Adam
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

All it says is "TunerPro and Mac." :)

Anyway, the answer is: not on purpose. You could use a virtual PC application to get it working.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Turbo v-sick

Post by Turbo v-sick »

Thank you
Goumba Tony

Post by Goumba Tony »

I can tell you for sure that TunerPro will work with wine under FreeBSD (so it may with DarWine on a Mac), however, RT will not work: it gives an error about IO.SYS on startup (huh? IO.SYS under 2000/XP emulation?). I haven't been able to obtain any additional information about this error.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Goumba Tony wrote:I can tell you for sure that TunerPro will work with wine under FreeBSD (so it may with DarWine on a Mac), however, RT will not work: it gives an error about IO.SYS on startup (huh? IO.SYS under 2000/XP emulation?). I haven't been able to obtain any additional information about this error.
Try the build here:

tunerpro.net/beta/Builds/

With it, you shouldn't see the io.sys issue.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Goumba Tony

Post by Goumba Tony »

I tried it, no IO.SYS error, now I just need a good day to see if it will get data.
Chucko

Post by Chucko »

I'm using the CrossOver emulator on a MacBook (Intel Core Duo based). The app seems to start OK and loads A9L.XDF OK. The menus on the left side seem to come up with valid names for the scalars, functions, etc. However, 4 different A9L.bin and A3M1.bin files all seem to be full of either 0x7F or 0xFF. Is this a bin file format problem? Thanks in advance.
Chucko

Post by Chucko »

Never mind, I found the problem... the bin files I downloaded all start at 0x2000, no 0x0. Once I pad the file so that the 'FF FA ...' sequence is at 0x2000, everything looks good.

Thanks for a great tool!