ADL file is empty??

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

86z28iroc-z

ADL file is empty??

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

Great program by the way....

I hooked up my cable to my computer, opened the program, went to the data logging part, loaded my bin file, connected, created a new adl, and started to record...went for a 15 minute drive, and parked, stopped the recording....entered my comments, and converted it to a cvs....opened it in spreadsheet, and it only gave me 0's for values??? What's up with that??? How come it didn't record it??

Thanks!

-Tyler

(86 305 TPI 160baud thru pins E and A Self-Made cable using WINALDL schemactic {one transistor cable external power source})
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

So I was playing around in the program...and the definition file that I uploaded, the 160baud 165 ecm file, when I go to edit it, it doesn't show that it's getting any of the data...everything is 0'd out and such...and under the aldl monitors it says no data....but it does connect and it will monitor and record....but then it records nothing!?!?.....

So I uploaded the $6E for the 165 and it's showing the data that I think i should be getting....but now my cable doesn't connect.....what would cause that?? It is the 160baud cable build from WINALDL's site with the external power source.....so I naturally thought that I should use the definition that says 160 baud.....could I manually change the definition to the values that I should be displaying and just use that one, or is there something else that I need to do to get it working for the $6E def...or is that def file only used under 8192 baud??? If so that wouldn't be possible would it? I only have pins E and A...the 160 baud...no pin M.... :(

Thanks!

-Tyler
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

Okay...finally got it working...my cable had a loose wire in it...but I got it to go....but I can only log with the 10k resisitor across pins A and B...and from what i've read, you shouldn't be driving the car around with it in that mode....the second that I remove the 10k resisitor, the data gets all funky, weird readings....is there away around this?? I only have the 1 transistor cable....would maybe making a 2 transistor cable solve this?? hmmm....

Also it only connects under the 160 baud definition...is there any way to get it to connect under the $6E def, or is that only possible thru the pin M....

ALSO, just idling there monitoring the o2 reading...it was staying at a level 680 mv??? Isn't that a little rich for idle??? and Then when I went up to about 1500 rpms it would read about 720mv.....Is my o2 Sensor shot or is that just because I had that stupid 10k resistor in there...it would be easier to tell if I could take it out and still get readings....

Thanks!

-Tyler
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

Turns out 1 transistor cable is only good for 160 baud data....2 transistor cable that i just built = supirior = works great.... Thanks for looking anyways!

-Tyler
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

86 is 160 baud only. The 1227165 ECM requires 10K in order for ALDL information. For 160 baud it, too is required. For 8192, it can be removed after the ALDL connection is made.

Zero out the ALDL spark adder in the bin and there shuold be no issue with keeping the 10k in place. I already know what your next question is going to be. :)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

I got the 2 transistor to load the $6E mask, and it's going at 8192 baud, no resistor needed to get data to flow! :lol: Thanks for responding tho

-Tyler
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Are you running $6E code, or your original '86 code? If the latter, then I'm highly suspicious. Either way, without the 10k you cannot connect at 8192 baud. Of that I'm certain.

Are you sure you're connecting at 8192?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

Hmmm, i was running the $6E mask, isn't that the 8192 buad mask?? :?: And i was sure gettin a hell of a lot more samples per second, than when I was using the 1 transitor cable...and I had no 10k resistor...just opened the $6E mask, made a adl file and connected and recorded bam bam bam, done, I believe, thru my observations that 10k resisitor is only needed if connecting by 160 baud data, because when using the 2 transistor cable, I had to put the 10k in to get WINALDL to work, but that's 160 baud only...and in TunerProRT I didn't need the 10k...and I was getting all of the 8192 baud data, way more than if using the 160 baud stream. :?:

-Tyler
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The 10k is definitely needed for 8192. Not sure why you're getting lucky enough to not need it, but you might try checking the resistance between A & B and see if there's 10k there with your cable hooked up.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
86z28iroc-z

Post by 86z28iroc-z »

Yeah, that is weird...every1 I talked to said it was needed....but my idle doesn't change with the cable hooked up...so that leads me to believe that it isn't going into aldl mode, yet i'm getting 8192 aldl data?? hmm...i'll deff have to check that out, ohm it out....

-Tyler
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The idle doesn't always chance. In my vehicle, for instance, the idle stays normal.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am