datalogging problem - new user :)

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

bildorn

datalogging problem - new user :)

Post by bildorn »

I am using tunerpro rt with a ALDL cable to serial & a radioshack serial to usb converter. I know the radio shack cable works, because it works with my romulator.

i have the comm port set to 7 for in tunerpro RT & on my computer. In tools/preferences i can get the test the cable button to say everything is OK ??? but i dont have anything show up on the screen when connected.

I am using 1226870_160baud_85_Fcar.ads & 1f.xdf file from moates. The ads file says its not tested in a running car in the notes section.

are there better files for my 85 tpi system? am i missing something or not doing something right?

helllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1985 CJ7 wth 305 85' tpi
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

160 baud monitoring uses a much lower baud rate than your romulator. It could very well be that the serial->usb converter isn't working for you. TunerPro opens the port at 4800 baud for this, which works with most, but I know that some don't like it that low.

You might try WinALDL and see if it works with your setup. If it does, you know it's probably the definition that is the issue. If it doesn't, suspect the converter.

Snohomish, eh? How'd you fare in the winds? We had no power for a couple days.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
bildorn

Post by bildorn »

we lost power until sunday night about 7pm. so almost 72 hours. i have 5 acres & no tree damage, because were at the base of the hill.

thanks, i'll try downloading winALDL tonight. I'm trying to avoid re-pinning the harness & changing out the computer because it works just fine. I just want more low end power :)

Mangus wrote:160 baud monitoring uses a much lower baud rate than your romulator. It could very well be that the serial->usb converter isn't working for you. TunerPro opens the port at 4800 baud for this, which works with most, but I know that some don't like it that low.

You might try WinALDL and see if it works with your setup. If it does, you know it's probably the definition that is the issue. If it doesn't, suspect the converter.

1985 CJ7 wth 305 85' tpi
bildorn

Post by bildorn »

winaldl didnt work either.

i had to switch to com3 for the cable & it wont work in tunerpro now either. it used to find the cable, just not data log. now it wont find it either.

now what? stuck buying a 80$ cable from moates just to check it?

thanks for your help.
Mangus wrote:160 baud monitoring uses a much lower baud rate than your romulator. It could very well be that the serial->usb converter isn't working for you. TunerPro opens the port at 4800 baud for this, which works with most, but I know that some don't like it that low.

1985 CJ7 wth 305 85' tpi
bildorn

Post by bildorn »

I GOT DATA!!!!!!!!!!! only with winALDL using a new cable & driver. but i cant get tunerpro to datalog. even if the ADS file was bad you would think i would get something on the screen.

know that i have the text file, now what do i do with it :) not easy to view it.
1985 CJ7 wth 305 85' tpi
bildorn

Post by bildorn »

I got Tunerpro to work too. but i'm having a hard time getting consitent files that i can get any meaningful data from. i dont get knock counts or load or degrees of retardation in my data.

bildorn wrote:I GOT DATA!!!!!!!!!!! only with winALDL using a new cable & driver. but i cant get tunerpro to datalog. even if the ADS file was bad you would think i would get something on the screen.

know that i have the text file, now what do i do with it :) not easy to view it.
1985 CJ7 wth 305 85' tpi