anyone ever have problems with their ostrich?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

SPOOLD U

anyone ever have problems with their ostrich?

Post by SPOOLD U »

I was tuning a car this weekend and ran into a strange situation. When I first got my ostrich a year ago, I had a lot of trouble getting ot to communicate clearly with the laptop, it kept ending up transmitting corrupt data. I played with everything imaginable and it seemed to fix itself. Now, last friday. for the first time in nearly a year, the issue came back. I noticed it seems the USB cable seemed to fit nto quite secure in the USB port on the ostrich. is this normal? almost feels somewhat loose. for a while during the tune the only way it would communicate would be if i held the cable firmly in the plug. later on when I put the ostrich back into my personal car, it worked fine, and has worked fine ever since. has anyone else using an ostrich ran into a similar issue?

It seems like there is a hardware issue but at the same time I'm not sure if it could maybe be my laptop also, as it has some issues with comms in the past (AEM internal logs always crash when i tune AEM cars and try to pull the log)
Craig Smith

Post by Craig Smith »

Try another cable.
There cheap
Eliminate one prob at a time
1986 Jauguar XJ6 with a transplanted 95 LT1, 1990 5.0 LX Mustang, MSD6AL, MSD Blaster coil, Shorty headers, no cats, h pipe, flow masters, Edlebrock Performer intake and plenum, Aeroquip pressure regulator.
SPOOLD U

Post by SPOOLD U »

Craig Smith wrote:Try another cable.
There cheap
Eliminate one prob at a time
Tried that already.